Downtown Smithfield Wine Walk - November 14

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DowntownSmithfield, Nov 5, 2014.

1. [​IMG]The Downtown Smithfield Development Corporation will host its fourth annual Downtown Smithfield Wine Walk, a wine tasting to raise money for Harbor and the programs Harbor supports, on Friday, November 14, 2014.

The Wine Walk will take place from 5:30-7:30 p.m., when walkers will visit participating businesses in the downtown district to sample different regional, national and international wines at each location. Walkers will begin at Harbor’s Pizazz, located at 119 North Third Street in Downtown Smithfield, where tickets will be available for $20 per person. There, walkers will be given commemorative wine glasses and a wristband to wear, which will allow them to taste wines at other businesses.

Businesses participating in the 2014 Downtown Smithfield Wine Walk include Bistro on Third, Country Girls Nail Salon & Boutique, Evans Jewelers, Evolve Medical Spa, Jewel’s Formals, Julie Anne’s Salon & Spa, Little Brown Jug, Lovely Lady, MedicalTraining.me, Memory Lane Frame Shop, Pizazz, Serendipity Road, We Ship It, and The Yoga Connection. Local musicians will provide live entertainment throughout the evening, and local artists will be selling their works.

“We are so pleased that the Wine Walk has continued to grow each year,” states Sarah Edwards, Executive Director of the Downtown Smithfield Development Corporation. “It is a wonderful event for Downtown Smithfield and its businesses, and we are delighted to bring the community together to raise funds for Harbor to support the incredible work that they do.”

Harbor is Johnston County's only nonprofit agency providing service and assistance to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and women in transition. Harbor provides safe, compassionate, and advocacy services, resources, and programs. Harbor has a team of highly credentialed and experienced staff and volunteers who work diligently to assist women and children in need.

2. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

$20.00 - 13 stops. a taste of wine at each stop. what is a taste? oh wait. this is a charity. sounds like a great evening, event and certainly a great charity.

3. There are actually fourteen stops. Each business will be giving one ounce pours, so if you visit all of the businesses, you will consume about three glasses of wine. Conveniently, there is also a taxi company in Downtown Smithfield that can help everyone get home safely if everyone in a group wants to indulge!

It really is a fun event that benefits a great organization! I hope that you'll join us and then have dinner at one of Downtown Smithfield's restaurants, or enjoy the opening night of "Wait Until Dark" at the Neuse Little Theatre that night!

4. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

5. Although I think we'll have a good crowd at the Wine Walk, I don't think demand will be that high! I can't even imagine how upset the people who paid fares like that without realizing it must've been when they found out what happened.

6. scomkto

scomkto Active Member

If my Husband wants to walk with me but doesn't want do do the wine tasting can he and does he have to pay to walk?

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

He won't have to pay. Only people who have paid get an armband or something like that to show they've paid and can get the wine.

8. Your husband will be able to walk with you without paying. When you pay, you will be carded and will get a wristband and commemorative wine glass, which is your "ticket" to try the wine at each location.

9. scomkto

scomkto Active Member

Great. Thank you both. I thought this was the case but wanted to be sure:)