Shoe Store - Fitting Elderly With Shoes

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sdw714, Dec 10, 2014.

1. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a shoe store that has someone to help fit an elderly lady with good tennis shoes. She has been wearing SAS but I want to get her to try another brand. She will definitely need help with proper fitting. Any suggestions?

2. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

If you don't mind a bit of a drive, John Allen Shoes in Fayetteville is a good store. They do a great job on fitting. However, their sneaker collection is not very extensive. They are not cheap, either.

3. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

I don't mind the drive - Thanks!

4. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

New Balance - Raleigh

The New Balance store on Glenwood Ave. does a great job of fitting. They are about 2 miles past Crabtree Mall.
    Address: Pleasant Valley Promenade, 6204 Glenwood Ave Suite 121, Raleigh, NC 27612
    Phone:(919) 510-9810

5. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I agree with New Balance store. I am not familiar with the one at Glenwood, but took my dad to the Va. Beach store and they were very attentive and patient, . He needed a specific kind and they would order from another store if needed. Also, he was given a senior citizen discount. Two thumbs up on the service.

6. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information - - I think we will give New Balance a try. I planned to be in Raleigh Saturday anyway so that will be convenient.