Trash Pick up

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by carolgilx, Feb 25, 2015.

1. carolgilx

carolgilx Well-Known Member

Waste Industries didn't pick up trash on normal day of Wednesday last week because of ice so thought they would pick up delayed on Thursday or Friday. But NO, they canceled pick up for the week. Said they would get it all this week on normal day of Wednesday. Just got home & they still haven't picked it up. Called them, said they'll get it tomorrow unless we have a snow storm then it would be Friday! She did credit me for last week, but I just can't believe that the roads are impassable with the melting that has occurred. I'm running over with trash. And no, purchasing the "membership" to the waste sites don't help me, I'm no where near one. Very aggravating.

2. All Children First

All Children First Well-Known Member

They called us this morning that they were picking up all of the Tuesday route first, then starting on Wednesday's routes so they were out and about working today.

3. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

Same experience in our neighborhood - other companies worked through the weekend to get caught up. If I thought that another company would not get swallowed up by Waste, I would cancel their "service" tomorrow!

4. cube_zombie

cube_zombie Member

saw 4 different trash companies roll by my house today...my can is still waiting.

5. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

We got the same call. My can is still full and by the road :(

6. lamassey

lamassey New Member

2 Words Aardvark Trash

they haven't missed my trash pick up in over 2 years. There have been weather delays but they always call or email. Very Happy.

7. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

One word Cary

Was up there today. They have put snow plows on their garbage trucks. Not only is the trash getting picked up the roads are getting plowed too.

8. Bluewillow

Bluewillow Well-Known Member

Got the same phone message. Do they prorate if they don't pick up trash? Same experience, each company is eventually gobbled up by them but DH may be ticked off enough to switch again.