Administration Shuffle

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Emma Caroline, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

Has anyone else heard the rumors that Mr. Byrd from Cleveland Middle is going to be principal at Cleveland High next year?

2. newmom5497

newmom5497 Well-Known Member

There will also be changes at polenta elem. and McGees xroads elem.

3. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

Polentas principal is officially gone March 1st and one of the vice principals is taking her place. I can only hope things will get better because I was not at all happy with Ms. Byrd

4. newmom5497

newmom5497 Well-Known Member

You are not alone.....most staff and parents were fed up and staff morale is low because of her. Hopefully it perks up after march 1.

5. jcmdl412

jcmdl412 Member

We'll have a son at Cleveland middle next year. Would this rumor be a good thing or a bad thing?

6. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Are these Byrds related?

7. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Are these Byrds related?

LOLOL........................:)

8. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

That would depend on who takes his place. I would not mind seeing him gone as we have 4 more years at the middle school--however I am not sure I want him for our next 8 years at the high school. I just can't imagine the middle school if Ms. Bryant takes his place.

I would love to see them clean house and start with all new administrators at the middle school.

9. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Ms Byrd, former principal of Polenta, as of today, is going to an HR job at county.

10. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

CMS did seem to do well on the last round of state testing ... but I attribute most of that to the awesome teachers at the school. I couldn't wait to be done with CMS and don't look forward to another child of mine being subjected to the place. I actually loved many of the teachers and most of the staff members at the school. However, I had so many issues with Mr. Byrd and Mr. Norris that I would NEVER consider putting another one of my children at the mercy of either of these men's leadership. I didn't have any serious issues with Ms. Bryant ... but I am actually looking at other options just in case the other 2 admins are still there by the time my daughter makes it to Middle School. If he is actually leaving, I'm glad he's going to Cleveland because West is the high school my kids are supposed to attend. I would consider it a plus if Mr. Byrd left ... but it would be better if he took Mr. Norris with him too!!!!