So, were you just not paying attention, were you impaired or both ..

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cube_zombie, Mar 4, 2015.

1. cube_zombie

cube_zombie Member

when you ran over my neighbors mailbox last night, over corrected and skidded into my yard clipping a power pole on Indian Camp Rd?

I'm not even mad about the damage to my yard. My first thought was to grab my aid bag and see if you were injured but you drove off before I could get out there.

What you did last night was an integrity test. You had the opportunity to do the right thing and own your mistake. You failed. You need to step up and replace the mailbox you ran over and destroyed. Do the right thing.

ps. there are still pieces of your vehicle scattered about in my yard. It'd be nice if I didn't have to clean them up.

2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Horrible :(

Post up some photos, especially of the pieces of the car. Maybe we can help identify the type of car if the pieces are big enough.

3. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to us a few months back...

We found a few tossed empties in the ditch...

And we live IN a subdivision, sigh...

4. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

That happened to us once too. Destroyed our mailbox! We followed the muddy tracks to the back of our neighborhood. Some stupid kid trying to show off for his friend. The cop about took down his door knocking on it, of course he wouldn't answer. They ended up getting ahold of his mother, made the kid go downtown to talk to the cop, lol.

His father ended up coming out and replacing the mailbox, not the kid. Six months later, the kid came to my door with a letter from the courts requesting our signature to state the mailbox was fixed. We signed it, then the kid went into this whining session about how unfair it was the court was making him do this. No remorse whatsoever.

Regardless, I would still call the police. It's still vandalism.

5. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I agree. IF this is a driver who routinely is operating a vehicle while impaired, you may be helping protect the kid, or family pet that this jerk takes out next time instead of just a mailbox. There are just too many habitually impaired drivers on the road.

6. cube_zombie

cube_zombie Member

I agree about it being vandalism and the police were called. Filling out statements at 10pm is not my idea of a fun night :neutral:

Here's a pic of the fender piece that was left

[​IMG]

It just really rubs me the wrong way that they just left :cuss:

7. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

looks like a white pickup piece of body moulding if I had to bet it's off of a Chevy.

8. redtangsoo

redtangsoo Well-Known Member

Trail Blazer maybe?:popcorn:

9. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Lol. Sounds as though you know something Red..