The Lions Den - what is it?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by aphorista, Mar 23, 2015.

1. aphorista

aphorista Well-Known Member

I have passed this huge house being constructed on Sanders Road. It has a sign saying the Lions Den. Is this a private home or some sort of sports complex? It looks like it has field lights in the back. Just wondering, thanks.

2. Stinger_6

Stinger_6 Well-Known Member

Hopefully it's not the same Lions Den that comes up on a Google search. I'd post the link but it is definitely NSFW. Maybe the name is just a coincidence. I know the house you're talking about and I would think it's too big for one of "those" :lol:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  3. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

4. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

5. scomkto

scomkto Active Member

It's right after you pass BH Parrish Rd. on the left headed towards Hwy 50. I have been wanting to know what this is also! There is wood fencening that leads down to a stable/shelter/barn type thing also.

6. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

This large parcel of land? - https://goo.gl/maps/LUt0W

Unless it has been subdivided, it's pretty large. You can see the outlines on Google Maps for the property.

7. scomkto

scomkto Active Member

Yes, that's is where it is. It's like 26 acres. It was for sale a couple of years ago so I guess someone bought it and is building a monster house there now.

8. scomkto

scomkto Active Member

It's owned by a man in Angier according to the JOCO gis system.

9. aphorista

aphorista Well-Known Member

Thanks for your replies. There is a billboard in front of it that says the Lion's Den but I have not stopped to look at it. I also found a facebook page showing custom wood flooring being installed. Who really names a house and puts up a billboard? I am thinking it must be some type of commercial development.

10. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

I wonder if it has something to do with the Lion's Club...

11. reeteach2

reeteach2 Well-Known Member

I was wondering if The Lion's Den could be the name of the floorplan they're using and the sign is advertising for the builders.

12. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

My understanding is it is going to be a really awesome personal residence ;)