Photochromic/Transitions Lenses Questions

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sdw714, Mar 24, 2015.

1. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

I have an eye doctor appointment coming up and thinking about getting Photochromic/Transitions lenses to prevent getting prescrition sunglasses. Just curious what others think that have them - - please let me know how you like them...or don't like them. Thanks!!

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I have been wearing Transitions lenses for over 20 years now and love them. Back in the 80's I even had the corning lenses that would do the same thing but they were made out of real glass and still liked them.

3. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

My dad has had them for a few years and speaks highly about them. His only complaint is that they get dark fast when it is bright out, but then take a while to get clear again when you move to the shade or inside. Could just be the specific type he has though.

Hatteras6 likes this.
  4. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information

5. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Photochromic lenses react to ultraviolet light. Most auto windshields deflect that so the lenses don't get very dark. My husband has had photochromic lenses for over 20 years also and found he had to get separate prescription sunglasses for daytime driving since the photochromic lenses werent dark enough.

6. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information - after talking with a few people I am getting prescription sunglasses instead. Driving is the main reason I want them.