Where to find comic books?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 2not2, Apr 3, 2015.

1. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

My 12 year old son is facing a hospital stay in the next week and I want to get him some reading material. He has a couple of new books and his tablet that he likes to listen to audiobooks on, but I thought maybe some comic books would be a nice change for him. Can anyone tell me where to purchase them? Can't find any at Wal-Mart or a couple of book stores I have checked.

2. 42Local

42Local Well-Known Member

They definitely have a bunch at Pauper's Books at the corner of Shotwell and 70.

2not2 likes this.
  3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I think there is also a comic book store/coin store in the shopping plaza in Cary by the Burlington Mills store.

2not2 likes this.
  4. cdd

cdd Well-Known Member

If he's already got a tablet and the hospital has wifi, check out the Marvel Unlimited app. $10 per month for access to a huge amount of comics. Apps are available for IOS and Android. Got this for my daughter last month and she, her brother, and I have all been using it.

2not2 likes this.
  5. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Thanks...I am going to check there today!

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Too bad you don't live or know someone who lives in Red Bank NJ. Kevin Smith (of the Jay and Silent Bob movies) owns a comic book store there. And even has a reality show based on that store.