Local Farmstands, U-picks, and CSA's

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by BanjoDan, Apr 13, 2015.

1. BanjoDan

BanjoDan Member

I'm trying to compile a list of Farmstands, u-Picks, and CSA's for Johnston County. I was hoping some of you guys could help me start my list. If you know of any post the name and location, or just the location if that is all you have. Thanks, -BD

2. BanjoDan

BanjoDan Member

I'll jump it off with

In Good Heart Farm (off Mclemore) - a great organic produce CSA operating year round
    Smith's Nursery (Sanders Rd) - everything from produce stand, csa, upick, local meats/dairy, landscaping plants
    L and G farmstand (corner of cornwallis and cleveland) - produce, christmas trees, landscaping plants
    Earthworks (Mclemore) - Really good selection of landscaping plants, berry and fruit plants, vegetable starts. Very good prices too.
    There is a good one right across from the foodlion on 210 also, don't know the name. Good selection of produce

3. BanjoDan

BanjoDan Member

And Beasleys Berries - strawberry U-pick. Great spot for kids, I took mine last may, toys for them to play on, animals to check out and delicious strawberries.

4. scomkto

scomkto Active Member

Lee's produce in Clayton has a CSA and delivers to your home.

5. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

6. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

Sorry for the ignorance, but whats a CSA?

7. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

CSA to me is Customer Service Associate !!!!! Now exactly where on McLemore is Earthworks and InGood Heart Farm ????

8. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Community Supported Agriculture

9. cranky

cranky Well-Known Member

10. BanjoDan

BanjoDan Member

Earthworks is at the corner of cleveland and the road right before mclemore , cant remember the name. In good heart is right before Lassiter Farms Ln. no sign or anything but you can see the high tunnels from the road.

11. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

That's the corner of Allen.