42 Tailor

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by pcroom, Apr 12, 2015.

1. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

My husband took 5 pairs of pants to this tailor the week before Easter. Three pair to be hemmed and two pair to be taken up in waist. She messed them all up. So, we took them back last week. None of them fit!! She charged us $130. She ruined a skirt for me last year. Going to take them to Ho's Tailor Shop in Garner to see if he can salvage them. They were brand new pants too. Her attitude was terrible. There was another man and wife in there too. They were there to get her to fix his pants again. He tried them on and they were still not fixed. The pockets did not lay right. She told his wife when she pointed it out that his stomach was to big. Never in all my life have had such sloppy work and with such a bad attitude. Yes, I'm trashing this business!! They don't deserve the name of TAILOR!! We're out of $130 and he still cannot wear the pants. SHE DESERVED TO BE TRASHED. She should close her shop. So disappointed, Pat

2. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

Man, I'm sorry about that since I was the one who recommended her to you. I had no problems w/ the dress and top she fixed for me.

3. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

http://tailoron42.com/contact-us.html three recommendations from residents of new york, new york (1) and orlando (2). must have been passing through johnston county and had emergency tailor needs. lol
    maybe you should tell your experience

4. scomkto

scomkto Active Member

Ugggggg I took some shirts to her last week to be hemmed. I din't know where else to go. I won't get them back till next week. Sounds like maybe I should have went somewhere else:mad:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  5. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Hope you have better results than we did. Try them on before you pay her PLEASE! We're just out $130. Headed to Ho's in Garner in the morning to see if he can repair the damage. We live on a fixed income. My husband has been sick and has lost a lot of weight. He literally has no pants that fit him.

6. scomkto

scomkto Active Member

Is Ho's a tailor shop? I thought it was a dry cleaners???? Where is it located in Garner?

7. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Most good ones I've found are in dry cleaners. Not enough business usually to make a living at it.

8. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Ho's thinks he can fix my husbands pants. Ho's is in the Garner shopping center on the left headed toward Garner. His prices are so much better than Tailor 42. Very nice husband & wife. Sure wish we had gone there first. Just out $130!!!!!!!

9. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Always had excellent service and quality from 32 tailor. Even did a awesome job with DDs promo dress.

10. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I've never had a problem with her work, have taken many things there over the years.

11. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Bandmom & Hatteras, You were very lucky. She did sloppy work for us.

12. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

ho's is a stand alone tailor shop in strip mall in garner. we have used them for years. "i give you thursday". if you have ever been there you know that statement. mr. ho says "i give you thursday" when telling you when the work will be completed. just insert the day of week your alterations will be ready. when me or better half return to car we say, "i give you tuesday". lol

13. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

highly recommend Mr. Ho, he is awesome to work with. He has tailored numerous dresses, skirts and pants for me and out of all he did, only one had to be redone and since I brought it back to him within the time limit he allows for free corrections, I didn't have to pay. Awesome man to work with.

14. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Ho was able to repair my husbands pants. His prices are so much better than Tailor 42. She's a rip off. Learned our lesson.

scomkto likes this.
  15. bystander

bystander Well-Known Member

We have used 40/42 Tailor before as well with mixed results. She throughly goofed up on a skirt of my daughter's but didn't seem to notice anything wrong with it. After needing a rush job recently and she wouldn't work with us, we found Sun Tailor in Smithfield (across from the Howell Theatre downtown). This lady did an excellent job with next day service. We have used her since as well with good results. Furthermore, she only charges a fraction of what 40/42 Tailor charges. We won't go anyplace else now.

scomkto likes this.
  16. scomkto

scomkto Active Member

Glad to know there are some other options. I haven't gotten my items back yet so I will have to wait and see how they turn out but I agree also that I was very surprised at what she is charging me. I will surely try one of the other places next time just to save a few $$$.

17. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

BE SURE TO TRY THEM ON BEFORE YOU PAY HER!!

18. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I know when 42 tailor wouldn't fix my blanket for me angels_squirrel fixed it for me. She did an awesome job.

19. scomkto

scomkto Active Member

I got my items back and they are fine. But I still think it was outrageously priced for what I had done. At least I know now that there are other less expensive options.

20. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

is this place worse than "Ho's cleaners" in Garner? I chuckle every time I see the name.