Chinese Restaurants

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sdw714, May 22, 2015.

1. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend a good Chinese restaurant in the White Oak/Garner area? Preferrably eat in. Thanks for suggestions.

2. shawk22

shawk22 Well-Known Member

New Japan Express in White Oak. Next to Kohls.

3. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

new japan express = a good chinese restaurant. lol

4. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

We choose China King first. And, so far, haven't been to a different Chinese restaurant in years.
    While I agree that 42 is NOT the White Oak area, my post is as valid as listing a separate ethnic restaurant...lol

5. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

Just using White Oak as a reference point because I don't want to drive to North Raleigh. 42 is close enough :) I've never tried New Japan Express - was actually wondering if it was good. Thanks for the suggestions.

6. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

A really good Chinese restaurant is something this area really lacks. We have a restaurant back home that makes handmade egg rolls right there, they are tasty and not those nasty frozen things so many serve here. Their chicken is all white meat, the beef is tender and not full of nastiness..........so it can be done without serving the mystery meat you seem to get most places here. Makes me sad!! It's a running joke in our families that I HAVE to go to that restaurant at some point every time we visit. :p

Kelyel likes this.
  7. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

We haven't had one in the area since China Garden closed. I have just learned to make my own so I'm not stuck with the gelatinous mess they serve most places around here. New Japan is quick hibachi not Chinese. Same with Yummi Japan and Hibachi and Co.