What's your favorite pizza joint

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by scbuff, Jun 13, 2015.

1. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I bought one of the Ray's Certificates myself. I do enjoy his pizza and Zeppole! Yum!

2. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

3. roca1216

roca1216 Well-Known Member

Thumbs up for Rays. Rushing Buckets sounds good.

4. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

there is a new pizza place opening in the old Quizno's space on 70..Marco's (Mario's?) Pizzeria

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

It is another Marcos, same as the one that is in front of 40/42 Walmart.

6. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

the one at 42 sucks

7. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

Love Ray's!!!

My family & I got a take & bake pizza from Walmart which was surprisingly very good!

8. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

LaPiazza, Two Cousins, then Veneros!!

9. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

if you are ever over on teh flowers side of 42 please try Rushing Buckets It is very good Pizza as well as wings they serve the local Beers as well.

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

You should preface that with; If you like expensive specialty pizza... http://www.rushingbuckets.com/ Also -out of curiosity, approx. how many wings are in a "bucket"? We ate there once, I wasn't impressed. No ice, soda in cans, and only bottled water. They don't have an ice machine or keep ice on hand, and wouldn't give me a glass for tap water, seriously?

11. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

they now give water in glass, wings are very good in my opinion and many come back for the wings. pizza is better then most places i go to. and if you dont like specialty pizza you can order it another way.

he does have ice on hand. it has only been in business a year and as most businesses its a learning experience and he learns as he goes. i have been many places that only have can sodas.

12. roca1216

I tried rushing buckets. The pizza was good not to pricey. Same as rays from website info. I would do fountain drinks once business picks up. Wish parking was better but understood it used to be a pizza delivery place. Nice that they give samples of beer if asked. Employees was friendly. I liked the take home beer but the one I wanted would have cost 21.00 for a growler. Could not bring myself to do that. Even though you can reuse the container.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    ImTheNormal0ne likes this.
  13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Ray's toppings for his 12" pizza are less expensive, and his most expensive specialty pizza is $16.99, from the website info. RB has several specialty pizza's in the $17-$18+ range. Don't forget the first time you take home beer in a growler, a portion of the cost is the deposit on the growler, anywhere from $4-$6 dollars, I'm not sure what he charges for a deposit. When you return the growler you would get your deposit back, or if you are refilling you would only be paying for the beer.

14. roca1216

I was only comparing 16 inch cheese. I always use coupons for Rays. The waitress mentioned that the 5.00 deposit on growler was no refund but she was new. Could have made a mistake. If it is a refund then I will go back and get one. Thanks for letting me know.

15. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

it's a non refundable deposit that you pay once and get's deducted from the overall cost of your next visit for growler exchange/refill.

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

My bad... just because we never return any of the dozen we have, I swore I thought they were refundable. Sorry. :(

17. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Does Ray's deliver? Where are they located? Thanks, Pat

18. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Ray's is at 42 & Barber Mill. They do deliver, at least to some areas. Their website is www.rayspizzanc.com.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  19. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

Another vote for La Piazza....Anthony's crew make a great pie ! We won't go anywhere else:)

20. lawnboy

lawnboy Well-Known Member

Marco (is that his name? The owner? The BMW guy? I refer to him as Marco) is a great guy. Business is tough. I try to give him my business as often as possible, because the pizza is good and it's hard for one guy to compete against Papa John Schmatter and Mr Domino.

He also sends out good coupons every month in the valpak thingy. Use em.