iPad Air 2 - # of GB appropriate for an average user

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sd214, Jun 24, 2015.

1. sd214

sd214 Well-Known Member

I've been contemplating the purchase of an iPad (Air 2) for a long time. I've never owned an iPad, though I have experimented with using one. I'm guessing that the base 16 GB would not be enough storage and that I would need 64 GB. I would greatly appreciate any input given by iPad users out there. Thanks.

2. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

I bought a refurbished iPad Air directly from The Apple Store with 16Gb And have never had a problem with space. I have 43 applications on it and tons of photo's. With Spotify and Pandora I don't store any music on it and that is why I still have 3Gb of storage available. Another reason is that I store many pics in the cloud, another major storage saver. Even though it says it is 16 Gb, the operating system uses 4Gb of it.

Keep in mind that even though applications can take up a good deal of space they can always be deleted from the device to free up space. You never actually delete them from your account, only the device, thus they can be re downloaded at no additional cost at the press of a button.

Never thought I would say so but this thing has actually taken the place of my using the laptop or desktop.

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Switched to a Surface Pro Pad about 6 months ago, I will never go back to a desktop or laptop again.

4. sd214

sd214 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the input. It was very helpful!