42/50

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by NCGIRL, Apr 14, 2015.

1. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I have been to Chipotle once and to me, it was an overpriced (and not as good) Moe's.

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

They are a step up from their old owner's, McDonalds.

3. Bucky

Bucky Active Member

I'm not knowledgeable of building codes at all but it seems to me like the planning commission should be able to demand certain improvements during the approval process! Just sayin

4. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

They can, and they did. They made them add the turn lane on 42 East to go into Sheetz, and the turn lanes on 50 South and 42 West.

In larger cases like the River Oaks construction at 40/42, they have much larger requirements. Like adding full lanes, turn signals, etc.

The recommendations come from the DOT and JoCo enforces them in the approval process. If you feel they are not doing enough, you need to talk to the DOT and JoCo.

5. jesse82nc

Of note, drove by yesterday, they are making good progress.

11994089_546625526859_1821124733_o.jpg 11993229_546625536839_227099900_o.jpg

6. Terry B.

Terry B. Active Member

What a great thread. "F--- the environment! We need more fast food!" Geez, the last thing this world needs is more fast food restaurants.

bridgett likes this.
  7. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

It's a done deal now. Suck it up buttercup. The time to gripe was BEFORE it was all approved. They start talking about developing near where I live? My tail is at the public meetings to hear first hand what is going on. (personally thrilled the Steeplechase property will remain pasture land for the moment)

8. Terry B.

Terry B. Active Member

Suck it up, buttercup? Oh well, enjoy your McHeartAttack.

9. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

LOL! I don't EAT there. In fact, I can count on one hand the number of times I have stopped at a Sheetz. The fact remains, it's too late to fuss about it now. It's a done deal.

10. Terry B.

Terry B. Active Member

You call it fussing, I call it an opinion.

11. Bucky

Bucky Active Member

No, what the world needs is more people complaining about something they can do nothing about! The time to complain has long passed. At this point the complainers sound more like whiners. Just my opinion. You might want to subscribe to some planning lists so that you can attend and comment PRIOR to permits being issued! Just sayin

jesse82nc likes this.
  12. jesse82nc

Saying that gas stations are bad for the environment is like saying spoons make people fat. If you want to change the environment, buy a more fuel efficient car. Then convince your friends and family to do the same.

And why are you against them? Do you have a beef with more competition in the gas station department? It helps drive down prices for the consumer.

13. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

(S)he was talking about fast food restaurants.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  14. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

She?? So you know this person?

15. Wayne Stollings

No, I should have remembered there can be a male Terry too. Corrected.

16. jesse82nc

I would not think of Sheetz as a fast food restaurant, but I guess it is. I just think of it as a convenience store and gas station. Plenty of gas stations serve food to varying degrees. Are they considered fast food restaurants as well? What defines a fast food restaurant for that matter? Obviously McDs is one, is Smithfields? What about a place like Noodles & Co? Are pizza places fast food? Dominos?

17. Wayne Stollings

I suppose that would be more of a personal opinion. Some may think fast food. Some may not. Others may compromise and just call it half-fast food. ;)

18. jesse82nc

It's not like it's fast at Sheetz, sometimes I have to wait quite a while for my food lol. And it's all made to order, the fries are not just waiting already cooked for someone to buy them.

And back on topic, when I drove by yesterday, it looked like they were about a month and a half out from completion judging by how long it took them at the other two sites in the area. I would think they would be open by sometime between Halloween and Thanksgiving, weather depending of course.

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Sheetz actually has really good salads! Lots of nights when I don't want to cook I stop at the one at 42 & Amelia Church Rd. It's always fast and clean. I've heard the one at 42 & Cornwallis with the drive-thru is slow as molasses on the food. I'm happy they are close by and they keep the other local gas stations prices in check. I will buy my gas at Sandhu's when there is only a cent or 2 difference. I don't want to see Sheetz put them out of business.

20. Terry B.

Terry B. Active Member

Wow, you guys are like sharks smelling blood. First, I wasn't talking about Sheetz. There are several posts in this thread that talk about wanting to have more McDonald's in the area. In fact, one person said that they wish there were more fast food restaurants in the area. That's what I was replying to.

Bucky, what's your deal? I comment on someone wanting more fast food restaurants and you call me a whiner? Maybe I should subscribe to some planning lists? Maybe you should subscribe to High Times and mellow out.

Jesse, I never said anything about a gas station. I also never said that gas stations were bad. I don't know how you read my post and thought that I was talking about Sheetz. Perhaps you need to cancel your subscription to High Times.

And BTW, my wife and I both drive a Prius and use Sheetz whenever we can. Here's something people don't normally think of: when you're given the option to get a receipt or not I always choose no. That saves paper and trees.