Roof Repair

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by elims, Sep 12, 2014.

1. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,
    I have a couple of damp spots showing up on my ceiling after all of this rain... no attic right above. Thinking I'm in need of roof repair. Has anyone had any recent experiences, bad or good, with roofing companies? I looked in the business directory here but no one was listed... I did a search for old topics but none too recent...and can someone give me an idea what something like this is going to cost? I really have no clue what to expect and don't want to be caught off guard when I look at an estimate.
    Thank you!
    Carol

2. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

robco, benson, nc. is very good. (919) 894-9904. for repairs discuss fees with them as i believe they charge a service fee but it goes towards work.

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

next time you go out look at the bathroom vents. I had some water staining on my ceiling in the hall way and in my bathroom. Turns out one of the gaskets had failed.

4. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

We second Robco and bathroom vents have been a problem for a couple of our neighbors over the years.

5. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Jeff Patterson 919-427-2306

6. youwish2bme

youwish2bme Well-Known Member

I have used ROBCO in the past... They are a big corp...

Most recently I have had good luck with Jose Gil.. 919-320-8057....

Hitch

7. proudmom

proudmom Member

We didn't get a ROBCO estimate, but my neighbor used them and their roof looks great. We used Carroll Roofing -- they were fast and did a great job -- only cost 62% of the quotes we received from others.

8. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I used Scro's in Clayton to do the roof on my new garage. They were extremely professional, clean, and did a great job at a very reason price. Extremely highly rated on Angies List.

http://scrosroofingcompany.com/

9. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestions! I've got some calls in to get some estimates! I really appreciate the advice and referrals! I'd rather go with a company that someone has had reliable experience with, than cold call a company. I'm thankful for my 4042 community!

10. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

We had a brand new roof put on a couple of years ago, and this young man and his company did a wonderful job! Nick Skatell 919.820.2444

11. RedBerry

RedBerry New Member

I am looking for a roof replacement, I noticed you recommended Nick Skatell, can you tell me more about him. Thanks!

12. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

13. RedBerry

RedBerry New Member

14. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Sorry I never get on here anymore! I sent you a PM.

15. RedBerry

RedBerry New Member

Thanks! Hired Nick and am vey happy!

16. RedBerry

RedBerry New Member

hired Nick and very happy, did a great job, thanks again!

peaches likes this.