Ike Godsey's Store - A good place to meet

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Strawbaleman, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

I've posted a link to these kids before. Here's a more current song. They are great! Listen to them on youtube.

2. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

Take the time...

3. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

BobF likes this.
  4. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Auxie and Romeo like this.
  6. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

Romeo likes this.
  7. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

8. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

Justino works hard night after night as a security guard. And instead of being bored and lonely he spends his time leaving adorable surprises for his coworkers. When his company won the Christmas lottery he got the best surprise 'thank you' you could imagine!

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=YLPW6LNX

9. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

10. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

What a great story!!!
    - - - - - - - -

http://www.wimp.com/tims-place-restaurant-owner-closes-down-syndrome/

Historic Restaurant Is Closing Its Doors For A Beautiful Reason

Disability – it’s a word many of us throw around without a second thought. While there are certainly occasions when it is purposefully used in a negative way, others are simply not aware of the baggage that comes along with the word. For too long, the umbrella term has been used to categorize individuals as “lacking;” whether that be in reference to “normal” health, physicality or mental ability. Today, however, a new awareness is growing. Those who are differently-abled have a lot to offer, and we’ve been missing out for a long time.

Take Tim Harris, for example. His father says that when he first learned his son had Down Syndrome, “the world turned black.” While he was focused on the many challenges Tim would face in life, he soon realized his son was so much more than that. In high school, Tim was homecoming King and Student of the Year, and he went on to graduate from college and compete in the Special Olympics. He’s also an accomplished sailor, offshore fisherman and, best of all, a beloved restaurant owner.

In fact, Tim made history in 2010 when he became the first person in the world with Down Syndrome to own a restaurant. His special? A hug, which the menu describes as “guilt-free and calorie-free.” As Tim says himself, “I love giving all the customers a hug because I want them to feel comfortable and connected and being around friends.” Tim’s business plan has thrived, but today, he is shutting his doors. For his staff and regulars, it’s sad news, but just wait until you hear his reason. Tim’s story is about to get even better.

Hught and Auxie like this.
  11. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

12. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

This story made my week!

Hught likes this.
  13. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

Good story:

Disabled Man's Life Is Turned Around By A Blanket

When LT lost his leg, his disability payments barely covered his bills. Then he saw a Navajo First Phase Chief's blanket being appraised and recalled he had a similar one. Taking it to be appraised by John Moran Auctioneers changed his fortune.

http://www.wimp.com/daily/turnedaround/
    - - - - - - - - - - - -

I remember watching the same Antiques Roadshow episode with the Indian blanket and thought I'd love to find one of those in an old trunk at home!!! :)

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Thanks I needed that!

poppin cork likes this.
  15. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Me too Kent!!!!!!! Love it.

16. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

Songs from 1960 - 2013

Some songs are blocked. Also, I had to listen to a 30 sec ad before the first song played, but then ad-free after that.

A fun little app to play with.

www.thenostalgiamachine.com

17. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

A great story!

Little Boy Speaks First Words At Chick-Fil-A After Years Of Silence

When Caiden Lane was born, his parents, Mashanda and Michael, immediately noticed that something wasn't quite right. Unlike their two older children, Caiden never cried and was content to simply sit and stare for long periods of time. Doctors were quick to diagnose the toddler with autism, but later realized they had been wrong – Caiden had apraxia and aphasia. As an infant, he'd suffered two strokes (one in utero, the other after birth), which had damaged the part of his brain that controls communication. The family was warned their son would most likely never talk or walk.

But Caiden's family didn't give up. Eventually, their son did learn to walk, and do a lot of other stuff too! By all accounts, Caiden was an average kid, just a quiet one. He loved to play outside, hang out with his big brother and sister and eat at
    Chick-fil-A. Who doesn't? Besides having some seriously delicious food that's (slightly) healthier than other fast food chains, the company is known for giving back to others. In fact, in just three years, Chick-fil-A donated over $68 million to educational and charitable organizations. That's some serious money.

One day, Caiden's mom noticed their local Chick-fi-A was hosting a community event. She decided to treat her kids to dinner, but while they were eating,
    something astonishing happened. It seemed that Caiden had something important to say, and for the very first time ever, he was determined to say it. What Caiden said and how his relationship with his favorite restaurant chain progressed from there is something you have to see for yourself.

http://www.wimp.com/chick-fil-a-first-words-caiden-lane/

Auxie likes this.
  18. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

19. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  20. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member