Sheetz at 42W and Business 70 in Clayton

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jesse82nc, Jun 24, 2014.

1. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

BS, blame the homeowners that sell then. You have a great imagination.

jesse82nc likes this.
  2. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

just buy it. you don't have to open the free unicorn farm.

3. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

You were the one that said "But I guess it was naive to think they'd ultimately rip up 40 some homes for a gas station and MORE apartments." So I assumed you meant the Sheetz at Amelia Church as there are no apartments on Rose Street. And as far as every planning email I have seen to date, there have not been any plans submitted for any apartments either. But those houses are at the intersection on a US highway and a NC highway, not to mention it is not far from downtown Clayton. It's unreasonable to think that development would never reach that area.

4. jesse82nc

Of other note, it has been set as proposed commercial since at least 2008 - http://www.townofclaytonnc.org/uplo...land use map - Strategic Growth Plan 2008.pdf

See the red (proposed commercial) on this map.
    upload_2015-9-14_22-8-57.png

5. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

i thought it was going at corner of 70x42

6. jesse82nc

Yes there is a new one going there.
    upload_2015-9-15_8-18-39.png

7. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Jesse82nc. You are awesome posting all the property sheets. I liked the one you did for me showing where the guy road extension to 42e would be. I do have another one for you to try to find for me. I know I had posted this a few years back and folks on the board told me that there was no proposal to buy the property yet.

I had heard that there was going to be an extension of Barber Mill road to the back of the Cleveland High school. With a road going from the Barber Mill Extension over to Monroe. Any maps or updated information about that info?

Thanks B.

8. jesse82nc

I remember hearing about that as well at one point, but I don't think anything ever made it past discussions. There has definitely not been any land acquisitions as far as I can tell, and I have not seen any planning discussions about it either. I would assume it will be a county project with the state DOT involvement possibly.

I think since they paved Monroe a few years back, this has probably been tabled for now. I'll keep on the look out for anything else I come across as well.

9. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Just an FYI, I owned a piece of property beside a planned extension and it was paved less than a month prior to the road to which it merged in a "y" being more than doubled in size. The new construction took about 1/2 mile of the newly paved road out. Two years later there was an extension of a divided road over what was left, which also took out the RR crossing dividing the road into three dead end segments. All within two years of a beautiful repaving job ......

10. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Clayton Sheetz @ US70 and Hwy 42 construction has started.

11. gcoats3

Sheetz @ Hwy 42 and Amelia Church Road, Clayton. Using Sheetz loyalty card and Sheetz Visa Card I paid $1.779 for E15 fuel rated at 88 octane. Good for 2002 and newer vehicles.

12. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Make sure your vehicle will run properly with the E15. Both of our vehicle owner manuals (2013 & 2014 vehicles) recommend against it (to the point where it may void your warranty).

13. jesse82nc

Rocky, I think you were asking about this at one point. I did find another drawing showing some of the proposed connector roads around Clayton.

upload_2015-9-21_9-14-38.png

And this one shows some of the ones around 40/42:
    upload_2015-9-21_9-15-17.png

These are from 2011 and were approved by the county and towns.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  14. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

I always wondered why they didnt put an interchange at Cornwallis and 70bypass.

jesse82nc likes this.
  15. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

that Walmart access rd would be a huge improvement.

Rockyv58 and jesse82nc like this.
  16. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I could picture it coming out at the traffic light where the elementary school is. Though that one house (where the pine tree farm is) would lose out :(

jesse82nc likes this.
  17. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

WalMart: such a good thing to have in your town, the taxpayers will have to build new roads just to help fix the mess.

18. NJ2NC

NJ2NC Well-Known Member

I would like to see FEWER Walmart's and less chain stores. Goodbye Mom and Pop shops...

DWK and Rockyv58 like this.
  19. gcoats3

Fuel tanks buried on Sheetz at US 70 and Hwy 42 E Clayton.

jesse82nc likes this.
  20. Two752O

Two752O New Member

If anyone is curious, they have finished pouring the parking lot this week and are moving right along. Original opening date was scheduled to be March 10th but they are a couple weeks behind... they now say "mid-March" but the widening of Rose Street is not complete yet either.

jesse82nc likes this.