My Propane Butler

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tinnc, Oct 6, 2015.

1. tinnc

tinnc Active Member

Has anyone used My Propane Butler? Good? Bad?

Thanks

2. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

We've used them for 2 years and we love them. Excellent service and on time both times we have called. It's about ime to call them again to order some propane for the winter months.

tinnc likes this.
  3. NJ2NC

NJ2NC Well-Known Member

I was wondering who was best to call for Propane. Thank you.

4. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I usually call around to 3 or 4 of the local companies to see who has the best rate currently. I have a 500 gallon tank, so I can usually get a good rate when I get over 100. I usually get like 200 or so every 2 years.

5. NJ2NC

NJ2NC Well-Known Member

From the few places I have called, it seems the savings are just pennies on the dollar. I am planning on calling one or two more just to be sure.

6. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I've seen fluctuations of about 5 to 20 cents per gallons, sometimes as high as 30-40 cents. When you purchase 150 gallons or more at once, that adds up.

7. lawnboy

lawnboy Well-Known Member

Top-notch service, but with wild fluctuations in prices the last few months, their prices stay the same for tanks delivered - I guess that's part of the business model, and I guess it's nice to be able to budget long-term for propane as a customer, but it would be nice if they reduced their prices like gas stations do, when the market fluctuates

tinnc likes this.
  8. NJ2NC

NJ2NC Well-Known Member

The prices do seem to vary quite a bit. I considered going old school and chop our own firewood but my wife doesn't feel the same. I told her I would buy her a nice axe and everything. Oh well, back to Propane!

9. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Careful with that offer you made. She might want to try it out on you. :)

NJ2NC and poppin cork like this.