Honey bees

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cynadon, Nov 27, 2015.

1. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

Anybody around Cleveland School area a bee keeper? I have a daily swarm at my house around the recycle cans. One fellow said they were in my roof. I crawled all through the trusses and found nothing. I live on a farm, so I guess they could be all kind of places.

I don't want to kill them, but I would love someone to find and remove them.

2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Bees can fly up to 7 miles for the hive for food, but generally the cut off for sustainability is 4 miles, so their hive literally could be anywhere.

3. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

There is a bee keeper in Smithfield that just stopped by our garden center. I will get his contact info for you.

4. cynadon

I'm pretty sure mine are local Wayne. They are here soon as it's warm in the morning and stay til dark. Everyday.

5. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

This may be helpful...Bee Busters, Jim Wilson, 919-915-6721, ncbeebusters@gmail.com

6. Wayne Stollings

Probably, but they can surprise you. They are unusual creatures. My wife's sister-in-law had several hives, but they either died last winter or swarmed off this year and she only has one left. She lives on the other side of Greensboro or I would have told her about your situation. My son had one hive that just swarmed and left but he was not going to try to introduce a new hive back until next spring. His hive originally came from downtown Raleigh.

7. NJ2NC

NJ2NC Well-Known Member

^ End thread. Wayne, "the honey bee whisperer" has spoken.

trident2 and BuzzMyMonkey like this.
  8. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

He's an expert.

trident2 and NJ2NC like this.
  9. cynadon

I dont agree with his politics but what he said was correct. Ya'll get a life. I'm dealing with bees

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    Sherry A. and Wayne Stollings like this.
  10. cynadon

Not taking up for anybody's opinion but, If you want to change something start at home.

Sherry A. and Wayne Stollings like this.
  11. Wayne Stollings

My son sent me a link the the Johnston County chapter of bee keepers. They should be a good resource for you.

http://www.jocobee.org/

12. cynadon

thanks

13. Wayne Stollings

You are welcome. I hope it helps.

The several contacts for swarm control look promising to me.