Any recent occurences of vandalism to report?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bissielizzie, Dec 7, 2015.

1. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

We heard from some friends that live off Josephine that there have been attempted vehicle break ins and as recently as last night several homes were tampered with and several people were awakened between 1-2AM by ringing doorbells.
    Several people have been talking about waving guns etc. which is more disturbing than the pranks.

2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

I guess it's a matter of time they will be waving their gun while homeowner is shooting theirs. Let's see how that works out for them.

poppin cork likes this.
  3. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I took it that the home owners were the ones talking of waving guns, but I am sure there will be some type of clarification.

4. bissielizzie

Yes, that's the scary part homeowners waving their guns and shooting in the direction of the criminal, just to scare them off.

5. bissielizzie

Our friends just emailed us that they made an arrest at 2:05AM.

6. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Got it.

7. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

That is what I like about Johnston County. Been here for going on 30 years. Hey Bissielizzie maybe you would be more comfortable in a state with more restrictive gun laws. CA and NY come to mind. If not I'm sure other countries may suit your taste.

jesse82nc likes this.
  8. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

If I heard a noise at 1am outside, you better believe I would be checking around the house with shotgun in hand. If there was someone at the door, the shotgun would be what greets them when I open the door.

9. Wayne Stollings

Actually shooting in the direction of someone to scare them off in that situation is illegal in this state as well. It is one thing to be armed and it is another to be dangerous with those arms.

poppin cork likes this.
  10. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Might as well save the effort Wayne.

Sherry A. and Hught like this.
  11. Wayne Stollings

True, but if someone were hurt or someone else arrested I would feel badly for not at least trying.

Sherry A. and Hught like this.
  12. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Well wayne, we can sure stand together on this one. A gun isn't there to scare someone. Using it as such can get you killed. Guns are for defense of ones life and should never be used to scare someone, IMO. If I pull mine out, I feel I have to use it or I wouldn't have pulled it out. One more point. Some of these folk think they can pull the trigger and kill. They can. But, they need to think about the fact that they will see the results of that bullet every time they shut their eyes and try to sleep. Being right sometimes has it's price too.

PirateGirl, Sherry A., Hught and 3 others like this.
  13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Good point, so the lesson here is don't fire a warning shot. Shoot To Kill.

14. Wayne Stollings

I was taught to treat every gun as if it were loaded. To only point a gun at something you intend on shooting. To only shoot something you can live with killing. And to assume that anyone pointing a gun at me follows the same rules and is a threat to my life.

I was also taught that the quickest way to stop someone from shooting in your direction is to shoot in theirs, but with better aim.

PirateGirl and poppin cork like this.
  15. Wayne Stollings

Then you go to jail for manslaughter at least.

16. bissielizzie

You weren't quoting me your comments are misdirected. The point is that a responsible gun owner only draws their weapon with the intent to hit their target, not wave it around and shoot in the direction of the offender. That's how innocents are killed.

Wayne Stollings and poppin cork like this.
  17. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

Pleasant Woods off Cornwallis has been a hit repeatedly in the past month.

18. ruserious

ruserious Active Member

Pleasant Woods and Cornwallis were hit by a mailbox baseball team in a large gray camo colored pick up (Chevy or Dodge).

19. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

someone needs to use baseball bat on their noggin. i believe this could end up being federal charges if caught

20. Wayne Stollings

That is correct and if caught they may be charged with any and all incidents in the area even if they did not fo the damage.