very strange!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by robbie, Dec 10, 2015.

1. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I go to Lowe's Foods 42/50 3 weeks ago, park 2nd row over from LaPiazza... "I use my remote to lock my door and the remote doesn't work at all!!! Get out of store and remote doesn't unlock vehicle either!!! Good thing remote comes with built in key............ OK, so now I go to Lowe's Foods yesterday and I park 4 rows over from LaPiazza pretty much directly in front of Lowe's Foods..... The remote would NOT work again!!! Had to resort to the key again....... Remote works perfectly everywhere else in the state, lol........... WHAT GIVES?????

2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Anything which generates an RF signal can interfere with the remote. Possibly a fault in the electronics in Lowes Foods such as the automatic door sensor or a wi-fi set up. We have to watch for similar interference with some of the detectors we use.

An interesting article on an older occurrence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/kent/7073935.stm

poppin cork likes this.
  3. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

about 15 years ago military planes locked/unlocked doors and popped trunks in the southeast US. Mostly Cadillac brand. Both my mom and dad's cars had the trunk opened.

4. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I was thinking it is not a very safe thing if maybe I was being chased and couldn't get in my car!!!! Does anyone else have this problem over there or am I the only one on their wavelength???

5. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

What kind of vehicle? We have a new Honda haven't been to Lowes though.

6. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

i have been in that parking lot numerous times and never ever had this type problem when remotely locking, unlocking or starting my gm vehicles.

7. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

A Chrysler....... Funny because it only started happening a few months ago.....never had trouble before then........Asked the girl at Customer Service and she said they have trouble with the automatic doors in the front of the food store sometimes!!!

8. cranky

cranky Well-Known Member

Maybe the battery is gettin low in your key? How old is it? They usually last about 4-6 years unless you sit on your keys alot pressing the button in your pocket.

9. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Does your remote work on the doors at Lowes Foods?

10. ROUTER

ROUTER Well-Known Member

Same thing happens to me, I have a Ram truck that is only 3 months old. At first I was shocked that my remote was not working alrady, but when I got home it was working fine. Keeps happening at Lowe's, also noticed it happened at the sheetz across the street a couple days ago. I believe it has something to do with sheetz rather than Lowe's.

11. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

ROUTER I thought the same thing that maybe it has something to do with the Sheetz, because I never had trouble at Lowes foods before that, and my vehicle is only 1 1/2 years old!!! What do you think can be done about it??? Who needs to be called about this?????

12. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

call sheetz: Store #589
    16311 Nc 50 Highway N
    Garner, NC 27529
    919-773-4190

13. ROUTER

ROUTER Well-Known Member

I mentioned it to the manager at sheetz, she said it was probably just something with the security system, drive thru, or the cameras outside. She said they were all wireless, I did not get the impression that she thought it was something that could be fixed. That store is a customer of mine, so I don't think it would be a good idea for me to press the issue with her. Is it still happening to you at Lowe's?

14. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Yes, it is still happening to me at Lowes Foods. Was just there yesterday and the remote didn't work... Thank Goodness I have a key to get in the door!!!
    Like I said, I never had an issue with this vehicles remote not working there, until the Sheetz was built!! OHH, and what is funny is that I have not heard one car horn honk( the honk you hear when you lock the vehicle with the remote) in that parking lot for the last 4 months, so it is apparent that maybe a lot of remotes don't work in that parking lot!!!!

15. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

This seems to be a serious safety issue. Why not report this issue to sheriff department?

robbie likes this.
  16. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

Complaining to the sheriff's office about your car remote not working? I think the first line of the report would read "talk with a mental subject".

17. PoohBear

From what I understand, it works everywhere else. Citizens unable to lock cars in a public parking lot appears to me to be a safety issue. Have you made any suggestions Smithers?

robbie and poppin cork like this.
  18. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was trying to convey!!! But whom do you voice the concerns to, that won't think I am bonkers, lol.......so that maybe the issue can be fixed?????

19. PoohBear

Send a email to: info@jcso.org. Attention Sheriff Bizzell. explaining the situation and this is a safety issue.

Romeo likes this.
  20. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Technically it is not a public parking lot, but a private parking lot for the stores. Thus, any interference from the buildings, while a possible concern for a customer would have little public solution as the interference probably comes from the effective owner of the lot. A public lot (owned by a governmental agency) would have more of a potential for a governmental investigation. Oddly the governmental agency which could have the authority is the FCC due to the potential interference by regulated devices.

One of the companies with which I work does FCC related work:

http://www.bureauveritas.com/wps/wc...quently_asked_questions_aug10.pdf?MOD=AJPERES

Romeo likes this.