Any Utility Linemen out there?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by trev47, Jan 24, 2016.

1. trev47

trev47 Well-Known Member

I would like to sincerely thank you all for your hard work to restore power this weekend. I work in an office environment, and usually complain to my coworkers when its too warm or cold in the building. I imagine that you were in the dark, cold and definitely not comfortable while you worked in to restore power so I could have lights, heat, and comfort in my home.

I have been thinking about you all weekend long, and am thankful for your dedication, hard work, and sacrifice. I hope that you can rest soon.

Thanks!!
    Trevor

elims, Rockyv58, ROUTER and 5 others like this.
  2. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

Absolutely wonderful - thank you for posting this! So grateful for all their hard work and dedication!

3. trident2

trident2 Well-Known Member

I concur.

4. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

I don't yet. No damn power yet.

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Stay safe and warm dude! :(

6. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I agree that these people work very hard. Poppin, I hope your power comes on soon. Stay safe and warm.

Sherry

7. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

It will probably by tomorrow. We have gas logs and are fine, just aggrevated. We are blessed. Others deal with lots worse on a daily basis.

NJ2NC and Hught like this.
  8. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

I appreciate the linemen very much, especially the fellas from FL that finally got our power up after 46 hours without. Seriously, would buy them a six pack if I knew where they went.

Duke Energy can go pee up a rope though. Their customer service during these outages is positively atrocious. Progress Energy did a much better job with communicating outage restorations, Duke Energy clearly does not give a damn about that.

John Carr, Auxie, Bren and 1 other person like this.
  9. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

MUCH respect and appreciation!

Auxie likes this.