polling place

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I know this should probably go into the political pit. But I am a minnow and I don't swim with those sharks.

I just got in my mail that I have a new polling place. How does that change? I have had the same polling place since I moved out here in 2000 and have had the same address.
    I use to go vote at the fire station next to D.R. Wells. Now I go to 8297 Cleveland Road, Clayton, NC. According to google I guess that's the C3 church.

Thanks

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

3. Rockyv58

On March 15th can I just show them my Drivers license or do I really have to go and dig out my passport?

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

A drivers license is fine.

Here is all the approved ID http://voterid.nc.gov/

Rockyv58 likes this.
  5. Rockyv58

I figure since we now need to show id and that I am going to a new polling place this year. I didn't want to get there just to be turned away due to the fact I didn't have the proper photo id

Thanks

6. Sherry A.

upload_2016-2-5_11-50-0.png

Auxie and Rockyv58 like this.
  7. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

NC should follow other States and allow voting by mail. That way you don't need an ID and a lot more people vote!

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Isn't Oregon the only one who does this?

9. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I think Colorado and Washington followed but none others so far.
    You can, but it is a little more difficult.

http://www.ncvoterinfo.org/voting-in-north-carolina/absentee-voting-by-mail/

The rules for requesting an absentee ballot and submitting your ballot have changed for 2014. Any registered North Carolina voter can request a mail-in absentee ballot. This type of absentee voting allows a voter or a near relative or legal guardian to request that an absentee ballot be sent to the voter by mail. Your absentee mail ballot must be signed by two witnesses or notarized.

Sherry A. and Auxie like this.
  10. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

The States that have Mai-In Ballots send them to you automatically. All you do is mark your votes and mail it back. You don't need witnesses or notarized forms. A few of the Voting Booths are open, but hardly anyone uses them. They have absentee ballots if your temporarily out of State or away from home.

Wayne Stollings likes this.
  11. Sherry A.

12. Sherry A.

upload_2016-2-6_23-6-36.png

Hught likes this.