Amazon one-hour delivery service reaches Garner & Clayton

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Feb 5, 2016.

1. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

The Ocean? Several Fission Reactors in the US are on the coast. But there's even one in the desert, and Palo Verde is just shy of 4 GW.

2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Still using more energy than your building uses in a year to transport 1 gram is not feasible especially when the production of said energy is the problem.

3. BobF

BobF Well-Known Member

Not only that, but the Thread-Drift here is AWESOME! :D

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Explains a lot! :D

Sherry A. and Wayne Stollings like this.
  5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for Wonkavision

tassy likes this.
  6. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Best Thread in a very long time!

Sherry

Hught likes this.
  7. Wayne Stollings

I am still looking for Snozzberry candy that actually tastes like a Snozzberry too.

Romeo likes this.
  8. Wayne Stollings

but it wasn't a desert when it was built, however ..... :eek: :D :p

9. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

It sure was. The selection of the site for Palo Verde was controversial. Critics claim that the site was not the first choice because it was in the middle of the desert, it had little or no water supply, and it had prevailing westerly winds. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palo_Verde_Nuclear_Generating_Station

10. Wayne Stollings

That was humor to indicate the reactor caused the desert situation, thus the emoticons. :D :p

11. BobF

BobF Well-Known Member

I agree, and you can probably tell that phys.org is one of my favorite rabbit-hole websites.

I love this kind of stuff!

Sherry A. and Romeo like this.
  12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

back to the original topic..... I used it yesterday to order my cats dry food. It worked great! I received notifications for the order, order tracking (on a map), and a delivery notification. It was delivered within the window of time I chose, I placed the order around 11:30 and chose the 2:00-4:00pm window, it was delivered about 3:30. It was left at my front door per my instructions. It does suggest a tip for the delivery person, you have to add it at the time of your check-out. But I have read that you are able to go back into the order and adjust the tip for up to 48 hours in the event you weren't happy with the delivery service, etc. I also used the discount code for $10 off the first order.

13. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

So did you take the 10 bucks and give as a tip?

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I left the driver the suggested tip. :D

15. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

While I agree we are a bit spoiled, I love that it makes me more efficient at times...IE having necessary office supplies delivered in the time it takes me to get in my car & drive there. I am excited for it!

16. Bucky

Bucky Active Member

I've used it twice now and the 15% tip they recommend seems a small pittance to pay to not have to get out in this traffic, especially on the weekends in the 4042 area.

tassy likes this.