Snow

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Jan 11, 2016.

1. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

My battery in my vehicle was good enough to charge my phone without having to waste gas.

2. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

Altec Lansing life jacket is a blue tooth speaker. It charged 3 phones completely. The sound is great, its waterproof, and cost around 90$

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Buzz, in all seriousness, be careful doing this with the car not attended. There have been numerous fires caused ( including an Apple device personally) by charging these devices in cars. Most new cars now kill the lighter feature when car is turned off.

poppin cork likes this.
  4. BuzzMyMonkey

I actually have a hard wired inverter that's always on and I've yet to have any issues.
    Now if I used the inverter thru the lighter than it will pose a bigger risk of overheating the lighter socket.
    My new truck still has constant juice even when turned off.
    I guess we can eliminate calling them lighters also because I don't remember the last time a vehicle came with a true lighter.

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Cool just wanted to make sure you are safe! Extension of my real job! :)

6. BuzzMyMonkey

LOL. You shouldn't worry about my safety.
    I'm a dickhead.

Romeo and Hught like this.
  7. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Been getting sleet now for about 90+ minutes now

8. Rockyv58

Saw today that they are brining the roads

9. BuzzMyMonkey

big snow storm tomorrow,,

10. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Current forecast:
    upload_2016-2-11_10-48-32.png

11. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Is the snow sticking to roads at all in 40/42 area?

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Do you happen to know how long those hold a charge once they are fully charged? I have a couple of the smaller ones (they were freebies).

13. jesse82nc

One of mine still had a charge after like 6 months, I don't think it was still full, but maybe 70%.

It's a little slick in my neighborhood.

14. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

I made it in this morning , no issues. 40/42 to Fuquay, 55 to holly springs, 540 (toll rd) to apex then rtp. saw a little ice at 55/tw alexander. trip in took 5 -10 minutes longer than normal as I was driving 55 on toll rd. not 70. sounds real bad from south Raleigh on north.

15. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

I'm hearing a lot of wrecks being dispatched by Johnston County. Be safe everybody.

16. jesse82nc

It was very, very bad out there this morning. Saw at least 100 cars from US70 to RTP off the road. Worst were the US70/I40 area and the US1/I40 areas.

17. Solak

Solak Member

18. Rockyv58

Yeah I have to drive in to Wake Med this afternoon. The back roads I worry about is Cleveland School road, Polenta Road and Mathews Road

19. jesse82nc

The secondary and smaller roads really were the worst. The highways were not horrible, except for the overpasses.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  20. Rockyv58

Hopefully by 1:30pm the roads will improve