Various Old Downtown areas

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by markfnc, Feb 5, 2016.

1. cranky

cranky Well-Known Member

I think alot of people look at the light rail as being able to fix the problems we have now. It's going to require years before any benefit is noticed, if it works at all. The projections are for 20-50% growth over the next 30 years. We need light rail to begin the process of building a "corridor" of some sort that will drive the location of growth and jobs in the future.

If someone told you back in 1986 to buy some tobacco field out in Johnston County because there would be a huge increase in property value on it in the next 30 years due to a massive transportation project what would you have thought?

Just like RTP, it took a good vision of the future back then to give us what we have now.

http://demography.cpc.unc.edu/2015/02/02/what-will-your-city-be-like-in-15-years/

2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

The link to the map actually says under normal birth and death rates, the Triangle is expected to increase in population by 24.81% just between 2020 and 2030 (10 years!), or 560,000 more people. It basically will double from 2000 to 2030.

3. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

[Actually to ride the transit it is 6 dollars a day period for ALL buses. The ticket covers all buses you transfer too. Also as i do i buy the $22 7 day express pass yes i lose 2 days but is cheaper. Their are other ways also to get a express pass that works