To the men who harassed the hostess

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by smiles, Mar 27, 2016.

1. smiles

smiles Well-Known Member

If you and a friend went to a local, family-friendly restaurant yesterday during the early evening hours and sexually harassed the teenaged hostess, this is directed at you. When the SIXTEEN YEAR OLD HOSTESS, said, "Follow me, please" and you responded, "Oh, yeah, I'll follow you anywhere," and leered at her body, you were staring at a young lady who did not deserve that disrespect. (And you know HOW you said those words!) The "mmmm, mmmmmm, mmmmm" as you walked behind her was, in her words, "gross and disgusting as they stared" at her "especially since they were old enough to be my dad." As she handed you your menus, you continued to make inappropriate comments as if you were trying to pick her up, rather than making polite small talk with a teenaged hostess at a restaurant.

Let's think about your actions. You were not in a bar. You were in an alcohol-free environment and throughout your dinner stared at the body of a young lady as she seated other guests and made comments that were inappropriate. She was not dressed in a revealing way (not that her clothing would have excused your actions) since her uniform consists of long pants AND a long-sleeved shirt. You continually made her feel unsafe and uncomfortable for no reason other than the fact that you decided to treat her as a sexual object. I will not post all of your comments on here. You know what you were saying. I will repeat: SHE IS SIXTEEN. You, according to her, appeared to be in your mid-40s or older.

Treat the hostess with more respect next time.

JMH, Auxie, Melon and 4 others like this.
  2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Somewhere their Momma's are hanging their heads in shame .....

3. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

People like that have no mothers.

4. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

or brains.

Auxie, Hught and Wayne Stollings like this.
  5. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

No disagreement with your opinions on this, but this is something that the restaurant's management needs to address as soon as it arises. Otherwise they are just as much condoning it as the folks doing it.