Firehouse subs

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by James, Mar 28, 2016.

1. James

James New Member

Has is the firehouse sub doing now? I went there twice the first month is was open, the first time it took forever to get my sub and the last time they got my food wrong. Have the worked out issues yet?

2. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

which one? They are mu favorite sub place. I usually go to the one in Garner or Fuquay, but never had a problem at the Clayton one either.

3. James

James New Member

Sorry the Clayton one was the one I was making reference to.

4. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

We tried them for the first time a little over a month ago. LOVE them and other than forgetting to include our pickles at times, our orders have been completed quickly, and accurately. The staff has always been friendly and their subs are delicious! At least here you get your money's worth!

5. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

I......don't love them. We've had it a few times, it always takes a long time to get the food and they are just kinda "meh". Sure, the staff is friendly enough, but for that kind of money for a mere sandwich, I expected more.

PirateGirl likes this.
  6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Are they really any different then Jimmy John's or Subway? Quite frankly clients feed me Jimmy John's constantly and a sandwich like this is the last thing I want to eat.

Same goes for pizza, last month I got home and my wife wanted to go out for pizza, I asked her if we could go anywhere but a pizza place, so I could say I went 7 days without a pizza! It was the first time in I don't know how long I went without it.

Auxie and molly2008 like this.
  7. molly2008

I've never had Jimmy Johns so I can't say on that one. Firehouse is better than Subway, but that wouldn't take much! Firehouse is OK, but it isn't something I have a burning desire to go eat, especially for the price. If a Firehouse and a Jersey Mikes were side by side.......I'd pick Jersey Mikes. Well, at least the one I go to infrequently up on Falls of Neuse near work. The one up at 4042...ehh.

Hught likes this.
  8. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Not in the 40/42 area, but my fav sub place is Cheerz @ Miami Blvd. & TW Alexander.

9. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

I miss the Jersey Mike in WallyWorld shopping center on US 70 in Clayton. He made the best CheeseSteak sub and for a great price. I heard he moved to Raleigh.

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I don't remember there being Jersey Mikes over at WallyWorld shopping center, I remember Jersey Mikes in the Lowes Food shopping center, at the end where St. Georges sub shop is now. They were horrible, I never went back there after I had to tell the girl how to make the Reuben sub, she didn't even know it was a hot sub.

Hught likes this.
  11. molly2008

I don't remember a Jersey Mike's near Walmart either. Odd! Anyway, there is a very good one up on Falls of Neuse.

12. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I have been to Firehouse Subs once (Garner Location) and thought it was okay but way overpriced. Much better than Subway though! I miss Lil' Dino's! BEST Meatball Sub I have ever had! Any of the locals/long-timers remember them on Commerce Pkwy?

13. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

I've eaten at Firehouse Subs out of state and they were really good! With reasonable prices!!
    Guess I'll have to locate the local one and try it/them out!

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

There is a Jersey Mikes on New Bern Ave. at the Carlie C's shopping center that is really good too. They've been there since at least 1997, and I'm almost positive it's been owned by the same family the whole time.

15. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

LOL - Bucky, The name was American Hero!!!!!!!!!!!! Next to Sally's in WallMart shopping center, US 70 Clayton. And yes the CheeseSteak was very good and a great bargain. Like $5.99 for sandwich, chips and fountain drink. He was originally in WinnDixie area next to Triangle Insurance. At both locations he was forced to move because landlord upped rental. How did that work out for landlord? I would say not very well based on empty space in WalMart shopping center. Looks like a ghost town in that section. Next question. Where is our Chick-f-Lay promised by a certain TOC Commissioner?

Rockyv58 likes this.
  16. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Wasn't American Hero also located in the Ashley Turner (oops 42/42)plaza. Where Simple Twist is now

17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Yep, they opened a second location there. Before that it was Gandolfo's (the second location for them, their first was in Smithfield. Gandolfo's changed their name to Gothams last summer, same owners, they broke away from the family franchise.

18. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I totally forgot about Gandolf's

19. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

You are correct "Pretty Lady". I should have asked you before posting. I wish he would come back to Clayton. Ask Butch Lawter about our Chick-f-Lay.