south johnston high school

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ncbound712, Mar 19, 2016.

1. ncbound712

ncbound712 New Member

We are looking at buying a house in the Benson area. I am familiar with the McGee's area since my son went there while in Middle School. There have been many listings in my price range that have South Johnston High School but I am wondering about the school and the area as a whole. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

2. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

My Son graduated from SJ and So did my daughter in law... tops in their class!!. All the kids there were great...And so were the teachers!!!....... Nothing but good thoughts on the School and area..........

Auxie likes this.
  3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

It depends, will he be majoring in fishin, huntin or farming tobacco?

4. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

there were 3 Morehead scholars within 3 years of my graduation. That's a full UNC ride plus other benefits!

5. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I graduated from SJHS quite a few years ago ('94). I have a nephew who graduated 2 years ago and a niece that will graduate this year with her HS Diploma and an Associates Degree from taking college classes along the way (for free). While I do like the rural area, the school is very country, for sure! Having said that, my niece and nephew enjoyed their time there. I think as with most everything in life, it is what you make of it. :) Good luck to you and your family!

Auxie likes this.
  6. Yuri

Yuri New Member

Something tells me you were not one of them.

7. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

You're correct yuri. It was a close friend, my best friend since kindergarden, and a girl that asked me to the prom.

Hught likes this.