eagle is back

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cynadon, Apr 16, 2016.

1. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

I saw an eagle this morning 4-16. The pair hain't been here in about 18-24 months. The crows harassed him til he left the pond. Old cleveland school / sandu area

Hught likes this.
  2. ROUTER

ROUTER Well-Known Member

That is awesome, didn't know there were any around here! On another note I almost hit a wild turkey on cornwallis this morning near swift creek! I didn't know there were any of those around here either.

3. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago my wife, son, daughter-in-law, and I went to Greensboro on the train as kind of a lark. Well, a prior train hit a pedestrian in Mebane so we were stuck on the track for an hour or so just outside Hillsborough, I believe. Bored and looking out of the window we saw an eagle fly into a tree near our car on the train and sat there for quite some time. I knew there were nesting pairs at Jordan Lake and I have seen one at Falls Lake but none sitting in the middle of a forest watching a train sit idle.

4. cynadon

I tried to post some pictures but had no luck. I need to reduce them from 2.5mb to 1.0. I got no editing skills with linux. Will just cropping do it?

5. Wayne Stollings

Cropping should reduce the size of the file.

cynadon likes this.
  6. cynadon

thanks. i'll try again

7. cynadon

my house. maybe the picture works eagle1.JPG

markfnc, BobF, Tardevil and 6 others like this.
  8. cynadon

my house again eagle2.JPG

9. cynadon

its me again eagle3.JPG

10. Wayne Stollings

The eagles here are beautiful creatures, however those in Alaska look dirty and grimy. They seem to eat more carrion and fishing leftovers than here.

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Goldsboro Muni Golf Course has a nesting pair that just had 2-3 hatchlings.

12. lhess108

lhess108 New Member

Where is the Sandu area?

13. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

My son and I were canoeing on the Neuse 5-6 years ago. As we went under 540 there was an eagle on the bank eating a fish. i couldn't get my camera out before it flew away. very cool pictures above.