In need of mower repair shop or person - NOT Griff's

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Jun 6, 2016.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Anybody know of any reasonable shops or repairmen in the area? Can't afford Griff's.

2. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Not that it matters, but I think Griffs is gone.

3. Romeo

Romeo Active Member

I use Art Barnes at 7933 Cleveland Road, (919) 602-3264. I wouldn't think of using anyone else!

4. Bucky

Bucky Active Member

5. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Arvin's on Hwy 401 in the Garner/Raleigh area

bissielizzie likes this.
  6. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

We second Arvins.

7. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Took my riding mower to Clark's today at 615. By 650, Mr Clark had changed the deck belt, changed out the spark plug, cleaned the carburator. Mrs Clark slid under the deck, removed both blades and (gotta love a woman who can handle a grinder) sharpened the blades. Watching Mr Clark was watching a small engine repair virtuoso doing his symphony on my mower. Excellent service, really affordable cost, and the mower runs like new. http://www.clarksmowerrepair.com/ They're at 2417 East Garner Rd, Take Raynor off Cornwallis/White Oak, cross through the light at 70, to Garner Rd, turn R, they're a little way down, on the left..919-274-0904

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  8. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

Are these places cheaper/better than Hudsons? That's where my husband bought our mower so that's where he's always gotten it fixed. Also, are any of these places able to come pick it up like Hudsons can?

9. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

Art Barnes will pick it up for you. He is who I use, and he is in our area. I don't know how much Hudson's charges.

10. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Hudsons does good work, just got my riding mower back from them, it needed a lot of work. 2 new rear tires, 3 new blades, 2 new belts, a couple pulleys, oil change/spark plug/air filter, and 2 pieces that stabilize the deck. All said it was about $700 in parts and labor and they had it for 6 weeks (3 of that was parts on backorder for the deck). To be fair this is a $3600 mower and it's like 8 years old, and I mow about 2 acres of grass a week.