Hacked?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Okay, 22 hours ago I get an email from wal-mart saying Dear Robert,

At Walmart we take your security and privacy very seriously. We use a variety of services and tools to help protect you, and our monitoring suggests someone might be trying to take advantage of your account. As a precaution we are resetting your Walmart.com password. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, but we are always focused on protecting you and your account.

To regain access to your Walmart account:

1. Go to the Walmart.com sign in page

2. Click the link that says "Forgot password?"

3. Follow the instructions to reset your password

Please choose a new password and do not use the same password you used with us previously. We also highly recommend you choose a password you are not using on any other sites. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

If you have questions, please visit our Help Center. Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is unmonitored.

-Your Walmart Customer Care Team

Just now I get an email from Twitter saying:
    Hi Robert H. Verner,

Your account may have been compromised by a website or service not associated with Twitter.
    We’ve locked your account @RobertHVerner to keep it safe. In order to log back in, you must change your password.

all I can think is WHAT THE F*CK IS GOING ON. I am thinking some how I was hacked?

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I just fear clicking on their links and going to some other site that then gives them access to my accounts

3. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Never click on a link in an email. Just go to Walmart.com and update your account. Do the same for Twitter if you are worried.

4. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

I get messages (?) saying there from Walmart, they are ads from other companies trying to get me to respond so that they can have my contact information. I NEVER include my e.Mail address when completing a Walmart receipt for a chance to win $1,000 so they have no way to connect me via e.Mail.
    NEVER, EVER REPLY TO AN E.MAIL THAT YOU DIDN'T CONTACT IN THE FIRST PLACE.
    Also, don't open any e.Mails from a person you don't know, scammers can have programs that can tell them if and when their e.Mail was opened.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016