Building across from New Food Lion

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mandmdad, Jan 10, 2017.

1. mandmdad

mandmdad Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what is being built in front of the old daycare and next to Pelicans?

2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I believe there is a sign out front that says something, and it was in JoCo's report recently. I can't remember off hand though.

3. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

Based on the sign, it looks like just empty slots for lease, nothing specific. The picture on the sing is generic "Restaurant" and other smaller slots for businesses.

Looks like they are getting ready to start building another little section in the FL parking lot, too.I saw the stakes in the grassy area this evening.

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I think the grassy area of FL is where they are putting the new Health Smart Pharmacy

5. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

How many pharmacies does this area need?

tassy likes this.
  6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Well with all the meth labs around.....

7. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

The same could be said about used car lots.
    Other than the Health Smart at the 40/42 area and the pharmacy in Wal mart. Where are all the other pharmacies in the 40/42 area?

As for me I will be happy when they open in the new FL plaza. It will be a lot closer to pick up my meds and won't have to battle the traffic

poppin cork likes this.
  8. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

CVS and Walgreens are pharmacies. Geesh Rock

Auxie likes this.
  9. jesse82nc

Also doesn't Food Lion have a pharmacy in each location? And there's also Beddingfield near the hospital.

Correction, I guess only the location by East Clayton Elementary does.

10. ROUTER

ROUTER Well-Known Member

Looks like it is going to be available retail space, no tenants yet.

11. Straitlover

Someone told me that the one at exit 312 was moving over to the new Food Lion and that it was not a new one. Anyone else heard that?

12. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

No, because that's not true. It will be a new additional one at the new Food Lion.

13. Straitlover

Wonder who the pharmacist will be? The person who told me that one was moving said Lance Wheeler was going to be there. I had stopped using the one over at 312 because of the traffic. I was thinking of switching back since CVS took over the Target Pharmacies (had bad luck w/ CVS in the past). However, if they will still close early, might not matter. Can't always get there before 7 PM.

14. jesse82nc

The pharmacy in Walmart is open til 9pm most days.

15. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Yes, Lance will be there to begin with, but I don't know if he will stay there permanently.

16. Straitlover

Yeah, but there's still the traffic problem. That's why I started using the Target at White Oak rather than the Medicap (better traffic, better hours). I avoid exit 312 area when possible.

Luckily, I don't have to use a pharmacy very often, so it's not a big issue for me.