Steel Bridge Road Closing?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by MommyMo1011, Feb 4, 2017.

1. MommyMo1011

MommyMo1011 Member

anyone heard when the work will start on Steel bridge? They put up road closed signs last night but it wasn't closed yet? Time frame? This is going to be so annoying!

2. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Since they've got the signs up and barricades ready to put up, I'm guessing it'll start next week. I haven't heard anything about how long though. Supposedly one of our neighbors asked someone putting up a sign and he wasn't sure but thought it might be a few days Based on all of the signs, it looks like it might be longer than that but I hope not.

3. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

what are they doing?

4. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Was this the one that they were closing to rebuild the bridge? I thought that was Barber Mill. But either way, I thought it was for months?

5. bosoxfan

Barber Mill was on the list but not Steel Bridge. No idea what they're doing. Once it's closed it'll probably be listed on the NCDOT site with a projected re-opening date.

6. bosoxfan

One of my neighbors contacted the County Board of Commissioners and they contacted NCDOT. NCDOT figured out that the signs were put in the wrong place and will be moving them. I'm guessing that the road being closed is Steel Bridge between Lee & Jack, as I did see road markings there yesterday. Maybe they're doing a permanent fix after the Matthew repairs they made.