account-update@amazon.com

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I do not go to Amazon.com to often maybe once or twice a year. I'm more of an ebay person. But I just got this email from "Amazon". Does this appear to a scam?

Hello,

At Amazon we take your security and privacy seriously. As part of our routine monitoring, we discovered that your Amazon.com email address and password may have been compromised. For your security, we have assigned a temporary password to your Amazon.com account.

You will need to reset your password when you return to the Amazon.com site. To reset your password, click "Your Account" at the top of any page on Amazon.com. On the Sign In page, click the "Forgot your password?" link to reach the Amazon.com Password Assistance page. After you enter your email or mobile phone number, you will receive an email containing a personalized link. Click the link from the email and follow the directions provided.

Your new password will be effective immediately.

You can also enable Amazon's Two-Step Verification, a feature that adds an extra layer of security to your account. You can activate this feature from the Advanced Security Settings page located in Your Account under Login & security.

Sincerely,

Amazon.com

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Do not reply to any links in email!

Go to their site as you normally would and sign on, if there is an issue they will tell you then and it should be legitimate.

Sherry A., certdude, lgb0250 and 4 others like this.
  3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Thanks. Its been so long I couldn't remember my password so I reset it. I did go to amazon.com to do it and not to the webpage in the email.

Thanks again

4. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I don't order from Amazon at all.... and I have gotten about 4 emails per day from them for the last 2 weeks in my junk mail....I know I didn't order nothing so I always delete them and never open them.........

Rockyv58 likes this.