Pop-up 'Microsoft' warning and phone number came up.

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by Rockyv58, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Second time in two weeks I had this pop up. Last time after I shutdown my computer I was not able to get it back up and had to have it reloaded. I am not shutting it down this time. I have run avast and malwarebytes and both found nothing. Any thoughts on how to get rid of this.

Attached Files:

2. BobF

BobF Well-Known Member

Maybe try running a copy of malwarebytes in Safe Mode? I'll defer to more knowledgeable people here, but I know that this has worked for me in the past.

3. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Well-Known Member

Contact the Nigerian Prince....once he fixes it, he will also send you a $1mil of his own cash. :D:D:D

Rockyv58 likes this.
  4. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Seems like you would have learned your lesson the first time. That sh*t will make you go blind.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  5. Rockyv58

Actually both times I was not on 'those' pages. First time I had clicked on a link from here for a article on the huffington post. The pop up came through IE. Second time I was reading an article post posted on FB and the pop up came through Mozilla. The pop up has not come back yet but I have not rebooted my computer since either. I am hoping to find a fix first

Auxie and DontCareHowYouDoItInNY like this.
  6. Rockyv58

Well I had left my computer up and running since I received that pop up on September 25th. Well last night windows updated and rebooted. Well apparently my computer is still working (knock on wood). Only time will tell. Nigerian Prince was good to his word he fixed it (LOL). Now I am just waiting on the million dollars :)

LeftIntentions likes this.
  7. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

I get a screen that tells me that my K: Drive is not operating. I don't have a K drive installed in my computer. Once it starts, it keeps telling my this for hundreds of times, one right after the other until I shut down my computer. Then I don't get the screen for several days unless I shut down my computer every day of so.