Today's Wow did I just see that?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hught, Aug 5, 2011.

1. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

"them that can"t teach" .....

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Well sometimes . . . I get paid to come back and teach an organizations employees how to do what I do!

3. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

One of my favorite examples from my early days as a technical sales person for a division of a multinational company involves the president of the division. I spent a lot of time on the phone with people across the US and handled all of the international sales. This guy comes though one day and tells me not to put people on hold when I needed to leave my desk while speaking with them. I said fine and that I would take the information gather what I needed and call them back. I was told that I would not do that under any circumstances because they were paying for the call and we would pay for the return calls. Since I shared an office with my immediate boss I said I would rather not just lay the phone down without putting it on hold. The president told me that was good because leaving the phone open might allow them to hear something in the office they should not hear. At that point my boss spoke up and asked what we were do since we could not do anything with the phone once it rang. The president told us both we needed to just do our job and how he told us to do it and stormed off in a huff. After a discussion with the COO, my boss and I had a good laugh at the expense of the president and continued as we had done before the "instructions" since we had not been told how to do our job but not to do our jobs.

Auxie likes this.
  4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

6. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Canadian man fools police with fake car snow sculpture and a real windshield wiper. He did get a ticket for blocking the snow plow lane.

Hught and Auxie like this.
  7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

8. Wayne Stollings

It is good to know the climate is that stable ......

Auxie and Hught like this.
  9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Pretty much sums it up!

[​IMG]

Auxie likes this.
  10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

17. Wayne Stollings

Dayton Ward‏Verified account @daytonward
    Captain's Log: Using the lightspeed breakaway factor, the Enterprise has moved back through time to the twenty-first century. We’re monitoring Earth communications to find out how our planet survived desperate problems in the year 2018. But first...Spock, what the hell is that?

[​IMG]
    9:15 PM - 8 Feb 2018

Hught likes this.
  18. Wayne Stollings

Hught likes this.
  19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Heard about this ion the radio this morning, funny as hell!

The following link contains the video
    http://people.com/pets/corgi-caught-riding-one-eyed-pony-video/

20. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member