Alternate SE Wake transport map

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by certdude, Feb 14, 2018.

1. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/traffic/article199388429.html

Pretty nifty to me. The new I40 interchange between Raynor and Rand and assocating roads I believe will be very useful for getting around Swift Creek and the mess on NC50. Would be nice to have regardless of 540.

This isnt realistic for a lot of the area. Tryon does nothing to help, and NC42 is too little, too late I believe. Their proposed NC55 expansions is dumb, as its problem isnt lanes, its stoplights. Short of making it an expressway, nothing is going to fix it.

And this has nothing to do on expanding 40 faster. Dumping more traffic on 40 isnt going to fix anything.

2. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

Completion Dates are so many years in the future. Will we still have cars at this time? I don't have to worry as I'll be long dead by the last time shown-:eek:

3. cranky

cranky Well-Known Member

So exactly how does that plan improve my commute from Cleveland to North Raleigh? How does it get beach traffic from west of raleigh around the city? How does it get anyone into or out of the city center faster? I'm unimpressed. There really doesnt seem to be any accounting for the population increase during the next 30 years either. If population increases the way it is predicited and follows proven patterns most of those roads will need to be upgraded to at minimum primary arterial collectors or even better, controlled access freeway / expressway.

EDIT: Of all people, I should not try to be about what does it do for me tomorrow. I understand that we should be planning for our distant future.

certdude and cynadon like this.
  4. youwish2bme

youwish2bme Well-Known Member

Both 2040 and 540 need to be done now...

certdude likes this.