64 bypass outbound

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Okay Folks I start a new job on the 1st. I have orientation at 8am up in Zebulon. I know 40 east bound is a parking lot but I know ways around that. But how is the 64 bypass outbound from I-440 up to Zebulon at 7am in the mornings?

TIA

2. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

On the 64 bypass, you'll be going the opposite direction of morning traffic. You shouldn't have any problems once you hit the bypass.

tassy and poppin cork like this.
  3. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Depending on where you live in Johnston County you could take Hwy 39 or 96 into Zebulon.

Auxie likes this.
  4. Rockyv58

I live off of Cleveland School Road

5. cranky

cranky Well-Known Member

I would consider going out 42 to 96/39 or shotwell rd to 64. By the time you avoid 42 you cancel out any time you would save on 64. there are a few other ways depending on where you are headed but that's the idea.

6. Rockyv58

I'm heading to the GSK plant on 96. It's right off the 64 bypass. I have to be there at 8am for orientation

7. Rockyv58

Any thoughts on this. Getting on Cornwallis and taking it to the 64 bypass. After a few name changes it does become New Hope Road and it does have an entrance on to the bypass

8. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

You have options.
    Cornwallis to Raynor rd. Raynor to 70 to 40 to 440 to 264 bypass to Zebulon.
    Or
    40 off at Jones sausage turn right head all the way to 264 bypass.
    Or Raynor across 70 onto Auburn knightdale left e garner rd right on auburn church to Jones sausage right to 264.
    Or
    Shotwell to covered bridge to Pritchard to Smithfield rd to 264.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  9. cranky

cranky Well-Known Member

Especially on Mondays Raynor at 70 gets pretty backed up. You can go through the industrial park but it takes timing the light right. Cornwallis is a mess at 42 in the morning, typically 10 minutes to cross. Take barber mill to Government to 42 back to Cornwallis if you want to go that way. Cornwallis to the bypass would go through several lights that back up for two cycles or more at White Oak/70, Rock Quarry, New Hope, Poole and at the bypass . Shotwell/Amelia church @ 70 is the only backed up light if you go that way, easy ride keep 50 mph for most of it. Expect 45 minutes and give yourself an hour or a bit more in the morning.

Attached Files:

10. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

I’ve taken the Cornwallis to 64 route once before and while it is a much more stress free way to go, it is slowww! Too many traffic lights.

My recommendation is the Cornwallis to Raynor and then through the industrial park route. Once your through the joke at 4042 and are able to make the left onto Cornwallis you are good to go. Not another light until you are almost there. Raynor and 70 intersection is better since they’ve put two left turn lanes in. Watch the pot holes through the park.

11. Rockyv58

For my first day I just went up 42 east and turned left onto 96. Took me straight to GSK. Thanks all for your suggestions. Will probably do that for the next couple of days till my regular shift starts next week then probably go via 40/440

12. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Why ask advice if you're not going to use it?

13. somethingNother

somethingNother Active Member

Why ask a stupid question if you're not going to read the thread first?

1.) gcoats3: "Depending on where you live in Johnston County you could take Hwy 39 or 96 into Zebulon."
    2.) cranky: "I would consider going out 42 to 96/39"

Rockyv58: "...I just went up 42 east and turned left onto 96. Took me straight to GSK. Thanks all for your suggestions"

Auxie, bridgett, Hught and 1 other person like this.