Covid 19

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Wayne Stollings, Mar 19, 2021.

1. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

I am fully vaccinated and wear my mask when in a crowd. Have seen family members that did not get vaccinated and now have Covid. Refused to listen to me!

DWK and Wayne Stollings like this.
  2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Great to see you have zero control of your true ignorance and condescending attitude.

3. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

I’ve been in the same situation this year with a family member, and he eventually did get the vaccine. Now he’s glad he did.

4. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

“Ignorance” and a “condescending attitude”, as well as “questionable intent” accurately describes some of the posters on here who continue to discourage folks from getting the vaccine when it has been proven to be the only decent weapon we have to protect ourselves against this virus. How y’all can sleep at night after continuing to peddle this ridiculous disinformation is beyond me.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  5. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

6. BuzzMyMonkey

You’re still a flat out liar. Nobody is discouraging anybody from getting a vaccine, you flat out lie.
    Jesse isn’t , Mark isn’t,, seeing how that’s who you continue to go after and attempt to talk BS trash about . You really are screwed up. Your agenda sucks, your tactics suck and you frankly suck. Learn to read and comprehend and quit lying so much. I sleep great at night. No issues at all.

7. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Seriously, Jesse? You’re posting information that was published from March of 2020, when little was actually known about the Alpha Covid virus, let alone this new Delta variant, which is infecting different populations and age groups. And the fact that you can’t find reputable information about quantifiable proof regarding “immune systems” as “protectants” from deadly viruses should tell you something. I understand that this current narrative going on where people think that their “immune system” will somehow magically “protect” them is popular these days, but it is simply not true. There are too many unknown variables in the average human body to begin with, and no two human beings are exactly alike. There are differences as well in undiagnosed, underlying conditions even in people who may look “young”, “fit”, and “healthy”. Yes, even in you. There is really no way to tell, and no real “test” that can be administered to insure that a person will not get Covid and merely get sick from it and eventually recover, or actually die from it. And with this new Delta variant, there is even less information out there concerning the effects of this particular mutation, because we are currently in the infection phase spike right now, with increased illnesses and deaths to follow.

Now, I could almost understand if LAST YEAR, before we knew more facts, that you might have thought that your “superior immune system” would be more than sufficient to protect you, but epidemiologists have said that it is not enough, and that’s where the vaccine comes in. In addition, it has been repeatedly stated that an unvaccinated, infected person can spread this disease asymptomatically, thereby spreading it further into the population. You are relatively young, so you would probably feel that you are also “invincible” at your age, but no one is invincible. People can, and do die in their prime from this disease.

It can kill anyone. There may be unknown weaknesses in the body, and there may be substandard care that an infected patient receives in a hospital that is so overwhelmed by Covid patients that the hospital staff cannot give every infected Covid patient the attention and care that they need to survive. In Europe last year, they were pulling the dead out of their homes because they could not treat them all. This is the reality of the situation that we will soon experience, and the only way to prevent people from that kind of terrible scenario is to get vaccinated, and wear your mask to protect you, your family, and Americans that you don’t even know. So maybe it’s time for everybody to just grow up, and face the sober reality. And For Goodness Sakes - your AVATAR picture is wearing a FULL HELMET so you don’t end up as roadkill on the highway, but you can’t get a damned vaccine to protect yourself and others from a deadly virus that has already killed over 600,000 Americans? WTH.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  8. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

“No issues at all?” Well, except for your pickled brain which has ceased to function, you’ve quit making any sense about five years ago. I’d like to know what “agenda” I have for encouraging folks to get a vaccine? I don’t recall people vaccinating their children against polio, chicken pox, whooping cough, or the measles as having any kind of “agenda”, other than keeping their children protected and alive. At least it was never suspiciously questioned as such like you’re foolishly doing here.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  9. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Found this an entertaining read posted on a critical thinking page.

"ME: CDC, should I get a poke if I already had Covid?
    CDC: “Yes, you should be poked regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19.”
    ME: Oh, okay, we don’t know how long natural immunity lasts. Got it. So, how long does poke-induced immunity last?
    CDC: “There is still a lot we are learning about COVID-19 pokes and CDC is constantly reviewing evidence and updating guidance. We don’t know how long protection lasts for those who are poked.”
    ME: Okay … but wait a second. I thought you said the reason I need the poke was because we don’t know how long my natural immunity lasts, but it seems like you’re saying we ALSO don’t know how long poke immunity lasts either. So, how exactly is the poke immunity better than my natural immunity?
    CDC: …
    ME: Uh … alright. But, haven’t there been a bunch of studies suggesting that natural immunity could last for years or decades?
    CDC: Yes.
    NEWYORKTIMES: “Years, maybe even decades, according to a new study.”
    ME: Ah. So natural immunity might last longer than poke immunity?
    CDC: Possibly. You never know.
    ME: Okay. If I get the poke, does that mean I won’t get sick?
    BRITAIN: Nope. We are just now entering a seasonal spike and about half of our infections and hospital admissions are poked people.
    ME: CDC, is this true? Are there a lot of people in the U.S. catching Covid after getting the poke?
    CDC: We stopped tracking breakthrough cases. We accept voluntary reports of breakthroughs but aren’t out there looking for them.
    ME: Does that mean that if someone comes in the hospital with Covid, you don’t track them because they’ve been poked? You only track the UN-poked Covid cases?
    CDC: That’s right.
    ME: Oh, okay. Hmm. Well, if I can still get sick after I get the poke, how is it helping me?
    CDC: We never said you wouldn’t get sick. We said it would reduce your chances of serious illness or death.
    ME: Oh, sorry. Alright, exactly how much does it reduce my chance of serious illness or death.
    CDC: We don’t know “exactly.”
    ME: Oh. Then what’s your best estimate for how much risk reduction there is?
    CDC: We don’t know, okay? Next question.
    ME: Um, if I’m healthy and don’t want the poke, is there any reason I should get it?
    CDC: Yes, for the collective.
    ME: How does the collective benefit from me getting poked?
    CDC: Because you could spread the virus to someone else who might get sick and die.
    ME: Can a poked person spread the virus to someone else?
    ME: So if I get poked, I could still spread the virus to someone else?
    ME: But I thought you just said, the REASON I should get poked was to prevent me spreading the virus? How does that make sense if I can still catch Covid and spread it after getting the poke?
    CDC: Never mind that. The other thing is, if you stay unpoked, there’s a chance the virus could possibly mutate into a strain that escapes the pokes protection, putting all poked people at risk.
    ME: So the poke stops the virus from mutating?
    CDC: No.
    ME: So it can still mutate in poked people?
    ME: This seems confusing. If the poke doesn’t stop mutations, and it doesn’t stop infections, then how does me getting poked help prevent a more deadly strain from evolving to escape the poke?
    CDC: You aren’t listening, okay? The bottom line is: as long as you are unpoked, you pose a threat to poked people.
    ME: But what KIND of threat??
    CDC: The threat that they could get a serious case of Covid and possibly die.
    ME: My brain hurts. Didn’t you JUST say that the poke doesn’t keep people from catching Covid, but prevents a serious case or dying? Now it seems like you’re saying poked people can still easily die from Covid even after they got the poke just by running into an unpoked person! Which is it??
    CDC: That’s it, we’re hanging up now.
    ME: Wait! I just want to make sure I understand all this. So, even if I ALREADY had Covid, I should STILL get poked, because we don’t know how long natural immunity lasts, and we also don’t know how long poke immunity lasts. And I should get the poke to keep a poked person from catching Covid from me, but even if I get the poke, I can give it to the poked person anyways. And, the other poked person can still easily catch a serious case of Covid from me and die. Do I have all that right?

ME: Um, hello? Is anyone there?"

markfnc likes this.
  10. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

You are the one making the claim of a strong immune system being sufficient to protect against Covid-19 so it is up to you to try to make your case not I. From the looks of it all you have is a belief unfounded in any science so now you want to try to make other prove your belief is not scientific.

11. Wayne Stollings

You mean one of those "gotcha" type misrepresentation sites claiming to be critical thinking? The prime example of the Dunning-Kruger effect when an untrained "critical thinker" believe they "know" so much more than the experts in the field because they do not know their own limitations. I do hope that you are in sales as everyone expects salespeople to lie, but clearly not research, development, or any critical scientific aspect.

DWK likes this.
  12. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

I suppose that you and I have differing ideas of what we find “entertaining”, especially since over 600,000 Americans have already died from this virus. I’d like to know the source of this content, but in NO WAY is what you posted an example of “critical thinking”, and it’s a shame that you can’t see why. But I’m glad that you posted it since it has only confirmed what I have suspected all along.

13. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

He has yet to prove anything about his claim that a “strong immune system” alone can magically protect him, or anyone else from a novel, deadly virus. It’s not the flu, or a common cold. Why does it seem to me that the more “technologically advanced” that we become, the less common sense people seem to have?

14. Wayne Stollings

People have always been ignorant, which is why the founding fathers created the Electoral College to have less ignorant people choose our leadership, but with technology more of the ignorance can be spread more easily, more widely, and more quickly than ever before.

DWK likes this.
  15. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Never mind, Jesse. I found the content that you posted on Quod Verum.com. It’s advertised as a “citizen journalism” social media site, and it’s filled with wacky, circular logic, and mostly anti-government sentiments, but at least they were smart enough to legally disclaim any acts of violence on there, since “pesky lawsuits” always have a nasty way of interfering with profiteering. Although, I have to say it’s fairly ambiguous as to exactly WHAT they tolerate on that site, much like this JoCo discussion board. It’s interesting that in their tag line, they use the same circular logic about the subject of violence. So, you either got this nutty content on that site, or it went viral, and you got it somewhere else. The point is, it is not based on science, or even in logical thinking. It is an example of “circular reasoning” which is reason corrupted. So, it appears that you’re getting your medical and health information from a paranoid, social media, rabbit hole filled with amateurs of the worst kind.
    724CF070-A404-4065-85B9-A1DF3FDB11C1.jpeg

16. BuzzMyMonkey

17. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Speaking of “amateurs of the worst kind”, it looks like all the anti-government loonies are coming out of the closet this morning on this site. ( Is there a full moon tonight? ) I just wonder where we’d be right now if we had shown the same paranoid tendencies against all of the other diseases that we have managed to control or eradicate in this country? At least we now know that your sentiment is based purely on political claptrap and sabotage.

18. Wayne Stollings

Some 615,000 people in the US were divided from their family and friends .... permanently ... the politicization of the pandemic by those like yourself played a very big part.

19. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

20. BuzzMyMonkey