Covid 19

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Wayne Stollings, Mar 19, 2021.

1. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

The “life cycle” of preprint research as published by the National Institute of Health. Notice that many steps need to occur before the scientific information is evaluated and published:

81874D0D-4B95-4955-917A-AB29DFFA58A1.jpeg

2. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

3. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sam Sweeney
    @SweeneyABC

JUST IN: United Airlines plans to terminate up to 593 employees who chose not to get vaccinated under the company’s vaccine mandate. United says more than 99% of its U.S. workforce chose to get vaccinated. At least seven employees are suing United over the mandate.

[​IMG]

6:00 PM · Sep 28, 2021

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

5. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

6. Wayne Stollings

7. lawnboy

lawnboy Well-Known Member

As I predicted back in July (after predicting in May how horrid Delta would be), the curve is on the downslope again. I said mid-Sep, so I was one week off. This is good news for most of us who are vaccinated, booster or no booster. This was a resurgence and a new variant that did not have to happen, along with 10s of thousands of additional, needless deaths (no doubt including deaths due to illnesses other than Delta due to the unvaccinated clogging up ICU beds). The third prediction I made in July, which I am still completely convinced will happen, will be apocolyptic-level news for the unvaccinated. The Deep South variant will pop up after Thanksgiving/Christmas timeframe, and states like AR/MS/AL may be losing seats in congress after the 2030 census because of it.

But hey - they can subscribe to their religious exemptions all they want. They don't need the vaccine. It's all up to Mr Jesus. The Lord needs a few more angels in heaven (I just hope they've sent a large donation to PTL C/O Jim and Tammy Faye).

8. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Just a point of clarity, not a single covid variant of concern or interest has originated in North America at this point. So saything that the US could have done anything to prevent a variant is a bit of a stretch.

9. Wayne Stollings

No, preventing the spread of the initial virus and any variants WAS something we could do to prevent the impact of the variant on the US and from the US to any other area. The smaller the reservoir for any virus the less mutation to be expected.

Hught and DWK like this.
  10. Wayne Stollings

The loss of voting base may already be a wake up call for the southern GOP in the next elections.

11. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

The US is about 4% of the world's population. And as long as you allow people from other countries to still enter the US, legally or illegally, then you can't stop covid and variants from coming here.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/im...ve-surge-southern-border-possible-if-n1280378

12. lawnboy

Sure you can, it's called the vaccine, it's been available since March, and if 80% of the population had been vaccinated by May, Delta would be a footnote, not a headline.

This is the science, the fact. Not the fake news, not the Q-onspiacy theory, not Tucker Carlson's racist Great White Replacement hype (white people aren't native to the US anyway o_O).

Save your breath; no one who is half-educated with an IQ above 80 buys it. Or keep talking to yourself and your ilk.

The science lets us know where the arguments will land in history. Those who are on the wrong side will be running away from past comments like these; "who me? I never said that." Save yourself the shame and embarrassment.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    Hught and Wayne Stollings like this.
  13. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

So, then if this is the case, wouldn’t it stand to reason that everyone in the United States should be vaccinated to mitigate the spread? Many European countries are requiring proof of vaccination to enter their countries, proof of vaccinations to get into restaurants and other public venues, and a Covid test when leaving the country, just to doubly sure. Why aren’t we following the same health protocols? It’s because this public health crisis has been continually politicized by the GOP and is now KILLING their constituents for no reason whatsoever. It was the Trump administration who developed the vaccines, yet there are still people who are refusing it, thereby prolonging this pandemic. These are the people who are getting their news from YouTube and FaceBook and they are now starting to shut those sites down. “Better late, than never”, but only after thousands of people have been murdered. Yes, I used the word “murdered”, because disinformation was the preferred method in this situation, wielded by cynical politicians onto a trusting, yet woefully misinformed public. In this instance, I agree with Lawnboy’s likely future scenario that we will see many more unnecessary hospitalizations and deaths in the fall and winter. And for what?

Wayne Stollings likes this.
  14. NJ2NC

NJ2NC Well-Known Member

Hmmm....What about the Native whites that were born here?

15. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Allowing a virus to endlessly circulate throughout a population of unvaccinated citizens also allows the virus to mutate. And this is what will likely happen: disease and death for those getting their information from questionable news infotainment sites and collateral deaths in unvaccinated children, dependent on their adult caretakers to make the proper health decisions for them. That’s all there is now, thanks to ruthless and self-interested politicians who have used this public health crisis as a ridiculous and cynical “loyalty” test.

16. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure he was talking about the Native Americans before the Dutch landed in New Amsterdam (now called New York City). You sound as ridiculously misinformed just like the Texans today who want to “keep Texas white”. “Remember the Alamo” and maybe “Tejano”. Lol.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  17. lawnboy

Exactly what I meant. Sorry for the inartful lack of clarity.

Wayne Stollings and DWK like this.
  18. NJ2NC

NJ2NC Well-Known Member

Democrat White Karen, thank you for your usual but yet thoughtful, christian response.

19. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

So, let me get this straight, NJ2NC. Just because I have mentioned that the Texas territory was once owned by Mexico and inhabited by a mixture of Spanish and Native tribes, that acknowledged fact somehow makes me a “Democrat” or a “Christian”? I’m simply pointing out how painfully misinformed you actually are about American history. I’m betting that you know close to zip about the history of your own state, New Jersey.

20. NJ2NC

NJ2NC Well-Known Member

^^^Lets start with this one. Are you now saying that you are not?