Johnston County Animal Control Strike Again!!!

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by Anonymous, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

Sandy

What is it that you have accomplished "behind the scenes" so far? I mean really, not who have you called and emailed and what have you, but what have you accomplished?

2. Anonymous

Board Bunnies

You are a bunch of worthless jerks The bunch of you and (you all know who you are ) are on these boards day and night.

You have NO LIFE . NO FRIENDS you just get off on the negative reactions you post.

You are trying to get a fight going to get off the topic in hand

We all know what you are up to.

You switch to every board jumping like MEXICAN JUMPING BEANS commenting on everything. Everything interests you and NOTHING interest you Its all about peoples reactions

from Making dinner plans with complete strangers ( how was Mckinley's last night YOU LOSERS how about a Christmas Party how about meeting up with other losers..

You can protect your imaginary friends at the POUND but NIKKO will not be forgotton

I'm sure Roger would be sticking up for you if this was reversed

ha ha ha he he he

There is NO WAY IN HELL that a normal person EXCEPT ROGER'S Wife and maybe RICK HESTORS wife can find this situation to be the fault of NIKKO or his ownwes

ROGER IS WRONG CARELESS, STUPID AND SHOULD RESIGN

I n fact I think we should picket the shelter

GET RID OF ROGER GET RID OF ROGER GET RID OF ROGER

Now if PEPPERCORN gets this going with the county comminsioners and volunteers

I bet YOU BOARD BUNNIES with take the idea like it was your own.

Oh that is ULRIKE's MATTERN's Agenda SHe always hates idea's until they seem to be acccepted and then she wants part of it

WE NEED SOME NEW LEADERS IN THIS TOWNSHIP

RIGHT NOW WE HAVE LOSERS AND USERS

I VOTE for Peppercorn

3. Anonymous

[/quote]Don't these other areas of the state have the same problem? Spreading our unwanted pets to other areas of the state doesn't seem like an answer. I would suspect that each county is facing the same types of problem with animal

4. Anonymous

from Making dinner plans with complete strangers ( how was Mckinley's last night YOU LOSERS how about a Christmas Party how about meeting up with other losers..

You can protect your imaginary friends at the POUND but NIKKO will not be forgotton

I'm sure Roger would be sticking up for you if this was reversed

ha ha ha he he he

Well. You certainly come across as a reasonable, sane person. :roll:

5. Anonymous

Please Do Tell
    And what has Ms. Stanton done?

Thank you

6. Anonymous

Reality

This is my first and last post on this topic. I read every single message, on all ten pages.

To the owners of Niko, I am so very sorry for your loss. I know that there is nothing I could type here to make you feel any better but please know that a prayer is being said for you. Without a bit ouf doubt, nobody should have to go through what you have been through. Nobody. BUT, you have been through it. So the question then comes up.... "What now?"

Another person who posted just prior to me being able to, touched on this and "beat me to the punch."

However, this is the reality of it all. I believe the fact that you are in a position of possible monetary gain from a liability aspect, puts you in a very powerful situation to make sure positive changes are made. I believe the mere idea that you may begin a civil action against them would likely put you in a position of "suggesting" changes and they would probably be heard loud and clear. I believe that would be the first route to try to make things better.

If you do earn a large civil judgement, it is true that the only people who will be paying for it is the county taxpayers. On top of that, there goes any possible money that could have been spent to make the shelter's situation much better, which would have been most likely at your direction. One thing is for sure. If you earn a large civil judgement, the shelter situation will NOT get better, as the funds will not be there and frankly... the situation would then be "resolved" as far as the shelters need to do anything else (other than pay you).

I wanted to put an OPINION on the topic, that is not on one side or the other. This opinion comes from a taxpayer, an animal lover, and a person who has no personal ties or interest in the issue.

Good luck to you and know you are in our Prayers.

7. Anonymous

Since we are counting up results, can you tell us what you have done LoriLynn?

8. Anonymous

...note to self, "Peppercorn" has changed her user name to "Dukes Dad"

9. Sandy Lewis

Sandy Lewis Well-Known Member

Dukes Dad, thank you for asking about McKinley's last night, it was great!! Since you asked, you get the whole story...
    I met a girlfriend about 5:30 (she was running late) and another 2 people that she knew. About 2 beers later, I met up with someone else I knew. We had such a great time and you know the best part? It was CONSTRUCTIVE conversation!! We talked about work, politics, me getting married, my pets, her children etc... wonderful conversation without any bickering (like on here). As far as no life, no friends, well I do have friends and a life. I am very fortunate to set my own schedule. If you check the posts from me I am not trying to get a rise out of someone from the posts I sit here and type. Remember, freedom of speech? I remember the mexican jumping beans and they were a riot (was that a band) Just kidding. You guys will find out soon enough what I have been up to "behind the scenes". Anyrate, while the bickering is still going on, you guys and girls have at it and I will post back with the "behind the scenes" info some other time. Have fun bickering back and forth with each other.... Step outside, it's nice today!!!

10. Anonymous

Newflash:

I did not change my name to Duke's Dad.
    I do not know Duke.
    I do not know Duke's Dad.
    I do think Duke's Dad has got some great ideas.
    I am not going to bicker over who is doing what.

I do not pretend to have all the answers, but what I am doing is attempting to unite our county and give a voice to the animals. Habitat for Niko could become a reality if we can pool our minds and resources. The addition of more kennel space by an annex or a separate building could assist the animals two-fold.
    One, it could increase the amount of time an animal has to stay at the shelter, thereby giving it better statistical odds of being adopted.
    Two, increased space means that animals like Niko, in for quarrantine, would not have to be put in with the general population. Eliminating the idea of this nightmare mistake ever happening again.

The Davis family and I are in the process of finding a location for our meeting. The first meeting will be to discuss ideas. I don't want to see one giant complaint session. I need your ideas and imput, your community needs them, and our animal friends need you. Write down your ideas and suggestions. Come up with ways to raise money. Then let's all meet and make Habitat for Niko a reality.

The Johnston County Animal Control used to be run my the Sheriffs Department. They pulled out as of July of '03. The current administration is crumby. (yes, I am being nice) With the same people there we may never see change be effective. Some time last month, the fees were raised in an attempt to make more money for the pound. That was a nice try, but with the same folks there, it may not make a difference. I don't want to see higher fees just to give someone a raise. I want to see the money go to some thing that will benefit the animals. I can not be certain that this current administration would follow through on that. This is why I think there is a definate need for Habitat for Niko.

11. Anonymous

I know that is not true at all.

12. Anonymous

News 14 and ABC News 11 came out this afternoon. this should aire tonight. News 14 around 7:30 pm and i will let you know about News 11 when i find out what times.

13. Anonymous

I think Duke's Dad is a good example of why people should be afraid to post their true identity.

:shock:

14. Anonymous

PEOPLE ONCE AGAIN THE NAME CALLING AND FINGER POINTING WONT GET A THING DONE SO LETS ALL STOP THAT.

LETS FIND A MEETING PLACE AND FIND WAYS TO MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN AGAIN TO ANY ANIMAL OR THERE FAMILY.

IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A PLACE THAT WILL DONATE THERE SPACE FOR A MEETING PLEASE POST IT.

THANK YOU ALL AND HAVE A GREAT DAY.[/b]

15. Anonymous

http://home.mindspring.com/~leedavis/

Thank you to everyone for your support. it means a great deal to our family. please keep talking, letting people know and talking is the only way this can and will get resolved. if anyone is willing to donate a place for the cummunity to meet please let me know.

16. Anonymous

17. Anonymous

That is just beautiful. Using taxpayers dollars to by an new dog to replace Niko. I hope they meant is was coming out of Roger and Rick's paycheck since they have no clue how to run the shelter!!

18. Anonymous

:
    (ha ha ha he he he) ...(this was written as a sarcastic joke

Bullet guy/gal and a few unidentified guests wrote this I was just poking fun at them not a very manly thing to write

I am guessing that they are one in the same person and that bullet guy is bullet gal or just a very sweet man :)

The board bunnies have come out of their "guest" HOLES and are once again spouting their words of stupidity

During the whole beginning of this tragedy with NIKKO they were hoping around the "NEIGHBORHOOD" not a care about the family, the dog ETC

I AM NOT PEPPERCORN but hope to meet her

Lets find a place for the meeting , my wife and I will be there.

Sal and Carole

19. Anonymous

Just curious - why all the finger pointing and blaming of Roger Davis??

He is a county employee following his county job description as outlined by the County of Johnston. If there are fingers to be pointed and blaming of anything to do with the shelter other than daily operation, go see your county commissioners! They are the ones who decide how money is spent at the shelter, rules for the shelter, etc. Yep, mistake was made - but why railroad Mr. Davis out of a job? Was he even there when the mistake was made or is the county using him as a scapegoat?

20. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I feel that it's important to let anyone who is reading, know why I've chosen not to participate in this thread.

Because my newspaper is covering Niko's story, and because our paper is a weekly publication and that feature will not be out until next Thursday, I feel it would be unprofessional for me to participate in the conversation. Not only would it be inapropriate, it would also be detremental to my credibility, and that of the Cleveland Post.