configuring outlook express to import yahoo and google mail

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by rockyv, Jun 3, 2005.

1. rockyv

rockyv Guest

Does any one know if it is possible to configure out look express to be able to import yahoo and google mail? I thought i had it figured out but i keep getting errors that it cant reach the http server for yahoo. I haven't tried configuring it for google mail yet. I had it for the mail server for myself instead of using the POP3, since it is web based. Thanks

2. daniellea

daniellea Well-Known Member

Supposedly, it is. My ISP (earthlink) has a web-based email program, and I have my outlook configured to download my mail from there. You have to get the pop and smtp servers from your mail server, is all, and put it into outlook: Tools, Email Accounts, Add a new email account, and just enter in your information from there.

3. IncognitO

IncognitO Well-Known Member

4. rockyv

rockyv Guest

Thanks I will give those suggestions a try. I am using Sprint DSL with earthlink as the email provider. I have outlook 2003 but i am using the outlook express since i am familiar with it for years. Plus also i gave up trying to import my outlook express into outlook 2003.

Do you think i should go to outlook 2003 and try to import all of them or just still with the outlook express and try from there?

5. IncognitO

IncognitO Well-Known Member

when you installed the DSL w/ Earthlink it probably added the account to Outlook Express. You can add multiple accounts to Outlook Express and have it download from all 3 at the same time. If I remember correctly, you will have to use the Earthlink SMTP because they block all other SMTP access. It doesn't really affect anything but remember that when you setting up your other accounts.

good luck