Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Wow! You all are so kind! Thank you for the positive feedback. :) I am so curious to know who ncmom is! E-mail me if you wish to be revealed! :lol: (well, at least to me) Congrats on your wonderful savings! Isn't it amazing how much you can save?!

Hi Jennifer! Yes, you have been to my house and wrote a wonderful article on the classes about 2 years ago for the Cleveland Post. Congrats on your wedding, BTW! I have stepped up the business now and the coupon organizers and the home workshops are a new addition. The kiddos are a little older now so I am working a little more these days.

The book is still in process and it will be at least September before it is published - I need to change that on the site. I seem to be teching more than expected this summer (which is a good thing!) so the book has taken a back seat for a few months. Not to mention I am a SAHM so everything takes a back seat to the little ones!

The book will cover the Smart Spending Grocery System (which is the info that ncmom uses), frugal living techniques, info on saving on all your everyday purchases including clothes, prescriptions, dining out, travel, finding freebies, mystery shopping, tracking your savings, and more.

I am self publishing the book so if anyone here is a graphic designer who does book covers or a typesetter who does book layout, I would love to hear from you!

Thanks again for your kind words Harley, Dawn, ncmom, southern and Jen. We should have a 4042.com coupon workshop get together! :lol: Then we could all meet!

Dawn, I'd love to chat with you - sounds like we have a lot in common. I have probably seen you at a few yard sales around here. Just give me a call. The number is on the website. Thanks for the welocme to 4042.com - I have been a 4042.com member for a while, but just too busy to follow the discussion boards lately. I am glad I am back - I've missed it here!

Don't forget to hit Harris Teeter triple coupons this weekend - today through Sunday. I'll be in the Cary HT's this afternoon doing some damage! :wink: :lol: I'll post my receipt totals later.

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I want a copy of the book!

3. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

A 4042 workshop sounds good to me...I need to learn how to save money on all this stuff...my hubby says I spend way too much!

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

to use the double coups at Lowes, don't you have to spend atleast $30, or did they change that? I know that is what it used to be.....

5. mamax3

mamax3 Well-Known Member

I guess they must have changed it. I spoke with a manager when I called.

6. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I have this site bookmarked --

http://www.wow-coupons.com/

but never use it because I dont have a printer, so cant print coupons out at home.

7. frugalmomoftwo

The official policy at Lowe's is that your total before coupons are tendered must be $35 for your coupons to double. That means you can have a subtotal of $35 and then give them your coupons to scan so your final total will be much less. I have had a total of $32 or so at a Lowe's (one in Cary, I think) and my coupons still doubled though. Hmmmmm....

Went to Harris Teeter on Kildaire in Cary this morning. Subtotal before coupons and sales was $105.23.

After coupons were scanned I paid them $12.30 !! :D 8) That's a savings of 88.4% !

I have been a couple times in the last few days and my overstock is nice and full!

I'll post the reciept later when I have time to take a picture of of it.

Happy Shopping!

8. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Hey FrugalMom,
    Could you post the 3x coupon deals in the future? I usually find out on the LAST day about 4pm and by then everything is very 'picked'.
    Thanks,
    Kel

9. frugalmomoftwo

Kel, I would be happy to post in the Discussion section when one of the stores is tripling or Super Doubling (as Kroger does sometimes). :)

10. stonecold

stonecold Guest

I am a dad opf 3 and I do most of the shopping, I would love to learn how to organize and find the best bargains and coupon deals. We have one starting college this fall we could use all the help we can get! :D

11. mamax3

mamax3 Well-Known Member

I would host a home show if you all are really interested. Just let me know.

Well I went to Harris Teeter with the dh yesterday. Total before coupons was $110.90. After coupons was $58.81. Not as impressive as Frugalmom but I felt pretty good seeing it was the first time I ever used a coupon.

12. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I'm gonna be unemployed soon so would really love to be able to save that much money!!! Would love to hear how you guys do it!

13. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I heard there was an opening for a babysitter for F.U.P.G.L.A. and the best part about the job was they pay per personality so you can get an almost daily pay raise!!!!! :shock:

Lets see, minimum wage multiplied by at least four personalities ... carry the three ... and :shock: You too could sit with the geeks a the next reunion and smoke real cuban cigars 8)

14. frugalmomoftwo

Wow! Great job mamax3 !! I am impressed, especially since you have not been using coupons. Just think how much more you could save if you had a good stock of coupons that were well organized! Based on your savings, I would say you definitely have more than just a knack for couponing!

Thank you for offering to be the host for a home workshop! If there is an interest from 4042.com'ers and family and friends, then let's pick a date and set it up.

Elims and stonecold, based on your posts it sounds like you might be interested. Anyone else? Did I mention that there are always freebies, contests and door prizes?! :lol: Yep, it's cheesy , but fun!

Elims. sorry to hear about your future unemployment.

15. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I would be interested!!!! (If I can get baby to stay with dad??) Let me know or post if we can all get together.....

What is the cost?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

I would be very interested also. Anything to help me save some money.

17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Looks like F.U.P.G.L.A went out of business!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

18. mamax3

mamax3 Well-Known Member

That is what got me so interested. Dh was out of work for 3 months. He starts the new job tomorrow!

19. Vitameatavegemin

Vitameatavegemin Well-Known Member

Let me know if there is a 4042 home workshop...I'd like to come, too!

20. Mommyof2

Mommyof2 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to let you know that I have scheduled a home class at my house for Aug.6 it's from 10:00-12:00 & the cost is $10.You are all invited.I live in Waverly Point, off of hwy 50.If you want to come,pm me & i'll give exact directions!!I'm excited to learn how to save money w/ coupons.I always feel like I buy stuff I do'nt need trying to use them!! Ok well just let me know if you want to attend.Thanks,
    Amy