ChoiceMail Free

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by daniellea, Aug 18, 2005.

1. daniellea

daniellea Well-Known Member

I have choicemail free, and am trying to uninstall it, and have my normal ol' email come through Outlook, like it used to. It doesn't seem to be working. I've uninstalled the thing, yet keep getting error messages when I try to send/ recieve in Outlook. What am I doing wrong?

2. tawiii

tawiii Guest

What is the error message?

3. daniellea

There you go... I've changed my default to Mozilla's mail program, and I'm receiving my email through that, so at least it's coming in. Still, it's annoying, but I can just not use outlook anymore.

4. daniellea

Cable modem. I didn't change a thing in Outlook when I installed choicemail... IIRC, all that was done was actually done in that program, not Outlook. I expected it to be the same with the uninstall. I have checked all my email connections in outlook to make sure they're correct, and they are. I'm stumped.

5. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

I would say when you did the uninstall for choicemail free it damaged the Outlook install. If your using XP, good luck in fixing that. To lengthy to type here.

Go here and link to your version of Outlook and redo your server settings per their steps. http://kb.earthlink.net/case.asp?s=st=95,e=0000000000489158229,k=6174,sxi=7&article=resid8305

Are you using Trend PC-cillin software? It changes the server settings. Disable the POP3 Scan feature (Pop3trap.exe)

To see if its your firewall, configure the firewall to grant access to the Internet for the following files:
    For Outlook Express: Msimn.exe
    For Outlook: Outlook.exe

I don't suggest leaving those settings in your firewall if it works after granting access. This should only be a test. If it works the problem lies in the firewall.

6. appcomm

appcomm Well-Known Member

Two questions - are you using the full version of Outlook, or Outlook Express? Also, the name of your anit-virus software?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

Just use the repair tool in outlook. Its in the help menu. Are you using PST files?

8. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

I downloaded and installed Thunderbird. However, it asks for my password on pop-server.nc.rr.com. I've been using RR and Outlook Express for years, and have no idea what my password is. Can I find it somewhere on my PC, or do I have to call RoadRunner and ask for a reset?

9. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

Do you recommend NOT using the function "Remember my password on this PC" or similaly worded offerings?

10. daniellea

Well, I did use the repair, and that didn't work. Instead of trying to figure out what the heck was wrong with my firewall and all that, I took the other advice, and downloaded Thunderbird. It pulled all of my saved messages from Outlook, all my files, everything.... that made me happy. And it seems to be working fine. The only thing I miss was my calendar, but I don't use that much anymore.

Thanks for the advice, all!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

throw computer out window...or cuss a little...works for me..