Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Oh girl, it just about broke my heart!! She is getting too big for her britches! They all are!

I wish someone would buy them, she's about to aggrivate me to death about it. She wants to use the money to buy some school clothes and for a day trip to the beach.

2. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Hey harley, I would come to the workshop if you host one..you live around 40/42 right? Everyone I know thinks I am crazy for taking all the time to do this coupon clipping, but dinner and 2 movies tonight were only $7! Not bad for a Friday night dinner and entertainment! Thanks Cleveland Clipper! My husband thinks it's GREAT!

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I don't know if anyone else got one in the mail today,

Food Lion coupons to save $5 off of any $20 or more you spend. There are 4 coupons, 1 for each of the next 4 weeks.

4. Dawn

Dawn Well-Known Member

I get those coupons ALL the time. A couple weeks ago they had a $30 gift card coupon at Walmart and I took it to Target and Viola! As long as it is not a refill, I never have a problem. I go to CVS probably once a week (it seems) and I use a coupon almost EVERY time. Ask for the manager next time and show them where it says on a new or transferred prescription........NOT a new patient. Good luck!

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Yep, sure do!

I got mine and my neighbors. shhh don't tell them :wink:

6. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Walmart coupon

Where did you find the Walmart pharmacy coupon? I usually only find Target. Thanks

7. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Re: Walmart coupon

Pkc, the recent coupon was for Kmart and was located in the Kmart weekly sales flyer in the Sunday N & O a couple of weeks ago. The Medicap coupons can be found regularly in the Cleveland and Clayton Clippers. When Kroger and CVS offer prescription transfer incentives they insert the coupons into the Sunday sales flyer in the N & O, as well. Sometimes you get one at the bottom of the CVS receipt also.

Am I missing any others who offer the incentives?

Hope that helps! :)

8. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Is there anywhere to get a Sunday paper, after Sunday?
    Thanks

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Usually at Lowes Foods they still have them at the front near the customer service counter for a few days.

I saw some today at Walmart too.

10. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Does Walmart take other pharmacy's coupons?

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

I used to always get the clipper until about 6 months ago and it stopped. I live off Cleveland School Rd, did they just stop delivering in that area. I really miss those coupons.

12. Dawn

Dawn Well-Known Member

They will but they will not always match the full amount. They also make you use the credit in the pharmacy which is okay if you have a lot of prescriptions but I like to do FUN shopping with them. Target on the other hand will match them price for price. Hope this helps.

Dawn

13. Mommyof2

Mommyof2 Well-Known Member

Ok,how's everyone doing?I went to FoodLion tonight (did'nt have time to go far), I bought right much that I did'nt have coupons for & still did pretty good w/ the coupons & the MVP.B/F $152.24 After $112 It was hard to give up some of the coupons knowing that they wer not going to be doubled,but buying it on sale & then using the coupon still works pretty good.

14. FamilyOfFive

FamilyOfFive Well-Known Member

Hey Mommyof2... I have been real good about staying with the stores that double. Since starting this 'new' way of shopping I've saved quite a bit. I've added up my receipts since August 12th ~ would have spent $490 but after coupons and sales I only actually spent $226... not bad. I will say that I've still used Walmart for stuff that I know is cheaper even after using coupons elsewhere and I've also been watching Food Lion's sale ads and have gotten some things cheaper. For instance, Harris Teeter had Peter Pan PB 2/$3.00 and I had a .35 coupon so after the sale and doubling the PB would have been what like .80 a piece. But Food Lion had the PB on sale for .99 and with my coupon that made it .64 a piece so I bought my PB at Food Lion instead. I've gotten some good deals at K-mart Supercenter too which I never went there before but if I can save money ~ I'm there!

15. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pharmacy info!

I don't get the clipper or money mailer at my house. I did until earlier this year. Wish I could get back on that list.

16. Vitameatavegemin

Vitameatavegemin Well-Known Member

If you are doing coupons, General Mills Cereals has a new 'club'...
    www.BigGCerealClub.com ....just starting up...
    Off to SHOP now...woohoo!

17. harleygirl

Cool, thanks I just signed up!!! I have to hit the grocery store today as well, but only for the "usual" items that I NEVER GET COUPONS FOR!!! :x

18. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

My problem with the couponing thing....I'm not gonna switch my brands...I like certain brands and always buy the same thing. I never use coupons, I never see any for the things I buy...so how do you couponing ladies save so much, only buy what's on coupons?

19. harleygirl

I am brand specific!! I do save a bunch of money with my coupons. I'd like to get coupons for milk and bread and beer! :shock: You'd think I had a kid with the amt. of milk we go through in this house :?

Just yesterday in the mail I got Virginia Slims Coupons... $8.00 off a carton!!! Just in time too, I've got 1/2 a pk left!

Almost everything I buy, I use a coupon. I have a list and if it's not on the list I don't buy it. Of course Miller Lite is ALWAYS on the list. :lol:

20. mamax3

mamax3 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the General Mills info, I hope the first coupon is for Total. I used all my coupons up.

Also, Science Diet has a $5 coupon on their website for dog food. www.sciencediet.com