10th Anniversary - 4042.com

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

It was 10 years ago today that 4042.com stuck it's head up on the growing "world wide web" and staked a claim for all things Johnston County. As we thought back over the decade today, it has been quite an adventure - and a daily confirmation that we live in a community full of great folks!

Some of you have been with us from the first and we appreciate all that you've brought to the site over the years. Also appreciated are the new friends who find us on a daily basis that have brought the visitor audience up to 20,000.

There have been plenty of rough spots over the years, a LOT of laughs and also those times when friends have stepped up to help a neighbor in need. From everyone who works behind the scenes at 4042.com, please accept our sincere THANK YOU for taking the time out of your day to visit here. You guys seriously rock! 8)

2. trev47

trev47 Well-Known Member

Congratulations and thanks for providing the forums. I log on almost daily to check all things Johnston County.

3. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

awww we love you too Webbie

I have met the most wonderful people on this website. They have been with me through good times and bad and they have laughed, argued, joked,celebrated, and cried with me for the last number of years.
    Thank you all for listening and being there.
    4042.com is a terrific place to vent and share dreams and desires, or complaints and grief. We have celebrated marriages, babies, great accomplishments, and the smallest of joys. We have shared illnesses,divorces, unemployment and money woes. We have learned you dont mess with Johnston County pets or recipies. And you can do a lot of things, but dont mess with our kids or politics..lol.
    We are a diverse group brought together by a single web site that represents our hometowns. We, in return, thank you webbie for giving us all a place to be and a terrific venue to do it in.

:grouphug:

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well put! :cheers:

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Thanks for providing the venue for this great little community!

I hope your website continues to provide this wonderful service for years to come.

6. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

YAY 4042.com, I still remember the first time I found the site, I had just made an offer to buy a house in Willow Springs and was trying to do some research on Johnston County and came across the site, I have been hooked ever since! Thanks for all you continue to do for us & the community!

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

thank you webbie, you created a place that made me feel not alone when i moved down here 10 years ago from everything i had ever known and felt i had dropped into the middle of nowhere. i have met my best friends on here and many many wonderful IRL friendships started on this website. You were a blessing to a homesick and bewildered girl who found herself here in a no name territory. Thank you will never be enough to express the gratitude i have to this site.:grouphug:

8. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Congratulations on 10 years, and thanks for all you do!

Also, thanks to all of you who participate and make 4042.com what it is! Well, maybe not quite ALL of you. :jester:

9. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

Happy Anniversary!

I also appreciate the time and effort that was spent to make this site a great place to go.

My Straw Bale Garden thread is fast approaching 41,000 hits since I started it.

That's a lot of folks who probably wouldn't be enjoying some fresh veggies without Mr. Webmaster and 4042.

Job well done.

Kent

10. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Happy 10th Anniversary! I'm glad you're here! I'm coming up on my 5th myself!

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Happy Anniversary 4042.com!!

The BEST site on the planet. :cheers:

12. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I remember when you launched. There were signs all over the 40/42 intersection advertising it. I thought it would be a great place to get news stories.

My first handle on the board was PostCorrespondent.

Thanks for giving me a place to make new friends, connect with the community, and lend a hand to the community!

13. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Happy Anniversary 4042.com!! :cheers: :hurray:

14. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the ten year milestone. And thanks for providing a place where we can discuss.

Several things for which I'm thankful. We've shared opinions, and differences of opinions to the extremes. We've read and laughed, read and fumed, read and cried, read and acted.

I can honestly say that I've felt, at one time or another, almost every human emotion while reading this board...anger, laughter, sadness, joy, belonging..just to name a few.

We've exchanged points of view, argued forcefully to defend our own, derided others, gotten spanked for it by being placed in time out...yep-even me..lol..

What I've found is that this site is the cyber version of the cool kids table in the lunchroom. We're here at varying times. But, we are here.

I consider myself lucky to be a part of this site, and treasure the friendships that have developed.

Thanks, again, Dave and Jackie....:hurray:

15. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

...what Hat said.

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

i agree with everything thats already been said and couldn't have said any of it any better!

thanks Dave & your staff!! Happy 10 yr anniversary!

:cheers:

17. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Congratulations, and many thanks! :iagree: with what they all said!

18. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

cool. I moved out here 10 years ago next month. YEAH!!!!!

19. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Glad to see this site has been doing to well for so long. Keep up the great work.

20. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

What Hat said! You rock 4042!

Sherry