1st Annual 4042 Coupon Swap - Thur. July 30

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by michelle, Jul 20, 2009.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Ok, we've all talked about it but I'm just gonna jump right out there and set this thing up or it might never happen! :mrgreen:

Date: Thursday, July 30

Time: 6:30 - until

Place: Cleveland Draft House on Hwy. 42

What: Dinner & Coupon Swap
    Bring your coupons and binders and share tips with other couponers and trade coupons at the same time! We'll order dinner first and then get into the couponing.

Please RSVP Michelle on this forum (pm me) or email me at mmitchell140@nc.rr.com no later than July 28th so I can call
    and make reservations if we have a lot of people.

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

That'll work. I have an expo to go to that day, so I'll hit the draft house on the way home.

Oh, see you after while. :mrgreen:

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

can i come even if i don't have coupons:jester:

4. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

I would certainly hope so....maybe we will bring you over to the dark side. 8)

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

oh i used to do them faithfully but work got in the way and didn't have time anymore, gave away my binder but now have my future dil into them and i give her my list and she matches coupons for me:hurray:

6. michelle

ABSOLUTELY! And please invite your future DIL too!

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

well of course, she is the one with the coupons:cheers:

8. michelle

We're off to a great start with 5 people!

Also, if anyone has any extra supplies (plastic sleeves, dividers, binders, etc.) that you would like to sell (or trade) at the meeting please bring them with the prices marked on them. Remember that it is illegal to sell coupons! You can charge for your time, handling, cutting, mailing, sorting, etc. but I'd really like for this to be strictly trade for now.

I'm so excited!!! Can't wait to do some trading with you gals!

9. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I have practice on Thursday nights, but I might be able to go thru my massive stack of uncut coupons and send my extras with someone else....

10. michelle

I can pick them up one day at lunch if you'd like.

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

or you can drop them by before the 30th - i am sure future dil would love to go through them too:cheers:

12. michelle

I've been sitting here clipping coupons tonight and I have a few questions.

1. Anybody ever been to a coupon swap before? What is the best way for us to bring our coupons to share . . . already cut out? divided into categories?

2. How do we share coupons . . . pass them around, put them out on the table, suggestions?

13. JenniferK

Okay....

Some people clip ALL the coupons, some people leave them in the insert. I think it's a matter of how much time you have. I do NOT clip them all, I leave the inserts whole.

Put all your stuff in a big ziploc bag or manilla envelope, and once everyone starts swaping, decide which way to pass, right or left. When your envelope gets back to you, you've seen them all, and you're done.

And BTW, when I get a second to go through them, I'll get them to one of y'all, lol.....

14. michelle

Thanks Jenn! That seems like a great way to do it.

15. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

That sounds fine for just passing them from person to person like we have done in the past. But sitting around a table in a restaurant? Does that mean each person has to bring scissors or a coupon cutter, and you sit at the table cutting out coupons? Sound like it would be more efficient if they were all cut out before you get to the restaurant. JMO.

16. JenniferK

KD, you're right, it is more efficent. But, I just don't have that kind of time, so I never clip all of mine.

Faye used to have a group that met up at Chick-Fil-A. We'd eat our breakfast, and then break out the coupons right around the table after we cleared the plates. I'd just have a pair of scissors handy and cut the ones I wanted and pass on the ones I didn't. I'd put my newly aquired cut coupons in a seperate little baggy and keep going.

17. michelle

That's fine, Jennifer! I don't mind cutting them out of inserts at the swap. I went through and cut mine out last night but I only had 3 inserts.

18. michelle

What is this coupon cutter that you speak of? I've never seen one. :confused:

19. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. michelle

OH OH OH!!!! Where can I get one of those????

Does it only cut through one layer at a time so I could just cut straight from the inserts, or would I have to separate the inserts into single pages.

You have made my life so simple!