2 carpet quotes?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by keemom, Jul 25, 2012.

1. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

We are looking to replace the carpet in our home. I got a quote from Clayton Flooring and Southern Comfort, which was a few hundred dollars less. Is it worth it to see if Clayton Flooring will beat the other quote? Anyone have any experience doing this? I hate trying to haggle and usually just shop around for the best price.

2. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Lowe's 40/42 :)

3. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

We just had Clayton Flooring replace our carpet last fall and were very pleased. They are authorized to run specials on certain Mohawk carpets at times and we actually ended up with a better deal and better quality carpet at a less expensive price than the first carpet we got a quote on. If you haven't done so, set up a time to go and meet with David there and let him show you what you may be able to get at a lesser cost. He was wonderful to work with.

4. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

We had David come out and give us a quote already, he was $300 more. I wasn't sure if I should ask him if he could beat the lower quote.

5. Concerned Person

Concerned Person Well-Known Member

David at Clayton Flooring will work with you. He is one of the best to talk to and let him know about the price you got. Is it the same quality of carpet that Clayton Flooring has?

I always got Clayton Flooring to do my carpet and hardwood floors and he always back his product.

6. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

Yeah, its the same carpet.

7. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Here's two carpet quotes:

1. "What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet." --Woody Allen

2. "I certainly have been guilty of trying to sweep things under the carpet." --Kenneth Branagh

:jester:

8. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

If its the same carpet then it certainly

wouldn't "hurt" to call him up & ask him how they get there (same) carpet at a cheaper price? And of course that will lead up to discussion of prices quoted.

I'm sure he'd work something out to get the job.

9. oggsmash

oggsmash Well-Known Member

I have zero experience with either company, I will say a good business, is not going to haggle they have prices at the range they quote for good reason (they have been at it a long time, know how long it takes, etc).

It however doesnt hurt to ask, but one company may have less proven and less reliable installers, be a smaller operation offering lower rates to get going, etc. I would say be wary of going with lowest price based on low price alone, sometimes you get more than you pay for.

10. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help! David and Tanya were really willing to work with us and I was able to get the carpet I fell in live with at a price that didn't kill my husband!

11. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

If you received an estimate from Clayton Flooring it states on the bottom that they Guarantee their's will be the lowest price and will beat the price of any other authorized dealer on the same product with installation. They mean what they say.