42/50

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by NCGIRL, Apr 14, 2015.

1. NCGIRL

NCGIRL Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what the plans are for the land on the corner of 42/50 (across from the car lot & bank)?

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I once heard a Target was going there

jlc007 and NCGIRL like this.
  3. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

It seemed like a sure thing that Sheetz was going there, but I guess something fell through...

land on 50 near 42

jesse82nc likes this.
  4. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Sheetz owns the land on the corner still. PTM is Sheetz, if you look up the address listed, you will see that there is a Sheetz there in Altoona and that's where they started.

Attached Files:

5. jesse82nc

There's also a Permit issued to build there in Sheetz name.

Attached Files:

6. Smithers

Is the date of that permit...TODAY?!

jesse82nc likes this.
  7. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

It bid 2 weeks ago. work starting soon on the Sheetz.

8. jesse82nc

Yep lol. They purchased it back in September '14 though.

9. NCGIRL

NCGIRL Well-Known Member

Wow! I had heard that Chick Fil-a, Target & Starbucks was going in there, but it's all been heresay. I knew the land sold, but had no idea who bought it or what was being planned.

jlc007 likes this.
  10. Smithers

There's land across the street (in the Lowe's Foods shopping center, next to the bank) for an outparcel, which would be perfect for fast food or Starbucks, or something like that. I doubt a Chick Fil-A would go there, as wonderful as that would be. But *something* needs to go there!

jlc007 likes this.
  11. lawnboy

lawnboy Well-Known Member

I really don't know why we need another Sheets in the area, seriously? What a joke. How about fast food, or a Starbucks? That's what is needed for those who prefer to avoid the tourist destination which is the 40 interchange. Unbelievable. I guess whoever has the most money gets first dibs, sadly, spreading like the kudzu that is Walmart.

As for those who said Target was going there, I have to laugh.......a Target parking lot wouldn't even fit in that parcel o_O

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  12. jesse82nc

What's wrong with Sheetz? It's the cheapest gas around always, amazing deals on food with frequent shopper discounts, and they always have a clean establishment. Free wifi and a place to sit down for a while and eat. Much better than any other gas stations in the area.

And they are still working on getting the one in Clayton underway.

That will make the 5th Sheetz in JoCo. :)

And as for Walmart, my favorite place to shop for groceries, they have great prices and will price match any sale. If you use Savings Catcher, they even search for the best prices for you.

Attached Files:

13. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Taking forever for the US 70 and Hwy 42 Sheetze in Clayton. Only removed one of the houses they bought as of today. I would like to see thme open tomorrow. as has been said, they have the best gas prices around!

14. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Took me awhile to get over laughing at this post! I have a hard time even thinking of Starbucks and Johnston County being used in the same sentence.

Kelyel, jesse82nc and Wayne Stollings like this.
  15. lawnboy

lawnboy Well-Known Member

Exactly, and the 3rd one in 5 miles on 42

Yeah, well I don't see what's so crazy about having a national chain coffee shop at the intersection that feeds from some nice suburban neighborhoods as those people travel to Raleigh to work...... this isn't Devil's Racetrack road or Four Oaks

16. NCGIRL

NCGIRL Well-Known Member

I think a coffee shop, whether it is Starbucks or not, would do well in the area. I personally prefer Port City Java over Starbucks any day & would love to see a local coffee shop & bakery come to the area.

Rockyv58 and jlc007 like this.
  17. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Not anymore. Before all the development it was just like it; which was a pretty good thing. It's also good now and BTW, there is a Starbucks on Hwy 70 in Clayton and I do wish we had one at 4042.

18. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

What's even funnier is you not knowing there are actually two in Johnston County.

jlc007 likes this.
  19. jesse82nc

Actually it would be the 3rd one in 6.7 miles.
    [​IMG]
    And once the one in Clayton opens, that would be the 4th in 10.1 miles.
    [​IMG]
    I don't see you complaining about BP Gas, considering there are 3 in Clayton alone. Or any other gas station where there are plenty already. Why pick on Sheetz? Are you against free market and competition? Which in turn makes our area have the cheapest gas in the Triangle?
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

20. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

i heard sheetz has requested johnston county or clayton be renamed "sheetz". lol
    ps i love sheetz and the lower priced gas they are bringing to our area. a very good family owned business!

jesse82nc likes this.